“We Were Amazed”

Restaurant Legende
Ranked #5 of 1,468 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A tribute to our ancestors, a return to our roots and a reflection off our culinary history from the First Nations to today. A place to meet and share around a table, to discover or rediscover our land, our forest, our river. A wonderful culinary story, inspired by historical elements that are transformed by the imagination and destined to be transferred from generation to generation. Our cuisine will stimulate all your senses with new discoveries. LÉGENDE pays great attention to details, which are an integral part of its content, and while these characteristics do not focus primarily on historical facts, they vehicle a wonderful aspect attached to reality. A menu inspired by our culinary heritage and the footprint that time has left in our cuisine. Let us surprise you. Take part in the experience to understand and enjoy.
South Lyon, Michigan
“We Were Amazed”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I chose to eat here for dinner based on reviews and it's close proximity to where we were staying. We dined outside. I must admit, I was skeptical at first and thought it very possible I could leave hungry. In fact, not only was this not the case, but we were both really blown away by our entree selections. My husband got half plates of the beef and the duck entrees. He said both were good, but the beef was great. I'm vegetarian. I got the tofu dish without the elk carpaccio. While I'm vegetarian, I like but don't love tofu and don't often eat it, but I loved it in this dish. Amazing presentation and flavors. The service was good and extremely friendly. We even ordered dessert, which we usually don't do. This was a truly memorable meal.

2 Thank DrJennyNovi_Michigan

Naples, Florida
“Best Food We Had in Quebec”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I actually had dinner at the restaurant twice during our visit. The first was by convenience, since we were staying at the attached hotel. The staff is excellent and knows the food and wines on the menu and carte de vin. The menu is compact, but it is very easy to taste a variety of items at each meal. Both times we ordered and split the seafood (chef's selection of small bites) appetizer. It is too much for one person. The local cheese appetizer also looked very interesting. Most of the entrées come in both a full and half sized serving. We opted for the half size. We were able to see and taste six entrees [On our second visit we invited neighbors visiting the city who were also from Naples, FL -- small world.]

Book reservations early if you are looking to dine on Friday or Saturday night. The chef has another restaurant in the city. Do not leave without visiting at least one of them.

Calgary, Canada
“Different”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very different, master crafted tasting size meals. Had “Lamb fries” – a local favorite – worth a try!

Saratoga, California
“Best food in our week in Canada”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Ok, the meal took awhile but the wait was worth it. The food was great but we loved hearing about each component of each dish. The flavors were absolutely stunning. It was like the chef was showing us new flavors, new concepts, new combinations that we have never had before. The dishes were also works of art. We thought the prices were reasonable. They were short handed on our night so the service wasn't great. They voluntarily offered us a free dessert which we took and were blown away about the creativity of the dessert. Do you get the idea that my wife and I liked our dinner?

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Smart & Delicious”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

It was an extremely wet evening in August, but the rain didn't stop my partner and me from making our way to Retaurant Légende where we had a very tasty meal. Located on Rue Saint Paul across from Marché du Vieux-Port, it's on the opposite side of the lower town away from all of the touristy spots by the funicular. When you enter the restaurant, you're immediately drawn to the sprawling bar with its unique glass jug pendant lighting scheme. There are also some cool paintings hanging on the walls done by local artists.

The menu concept is smart. It features ten seasonal items that all came in half or full portions, which essentially gives you the option to create our own tasting menu. Our server, Karen, was extremely friendly and helpful in walking us through the menu and describing some of the more mysterious ingredients, such as sea buckthorn (a local berry) and animelle (testicles).

Everything we ate was beyond superb, but if there's one thing you absolutely must order, it's the cured meats platter...there wasn't a grain of mustard on the serving tray when we were done with it.

1 Thank Gee-Ess-Kay