“Quebec City”

Super 8 Quebec City
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very clean hotel, friendly staff, nice rooms and pool. The breakfast was more than we expected. The only complaint is that there is not enough parking, if you are out late at night don't expect to get a parking spot, they gave us a garage door opener for the "underground" parking, which there only a couple spaces. We drive a GMC pick up truck, and it was a tight fit in, but the problem was when we tried to back out, the garage door would not open high enough and put a long nasty scratch on the top.
But the hotel is highly recommeded. The drive is about 20 minutes to the down-town of Quebec City. We found parking in the old city everytime we went, but it would be difficult in the middle of the day.

Room Tip: We saw 3 rooms as we had a party of 7, all rooms were good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank obxjojohn
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking time to write nice comments about the hotel. We have new teams for the cleaning of the rooms and we are very proud of them. You fine that your room was clean.

We also will give more advice to our frontdesk people to help people park their car next to the hotel. It will be easier than inside the garage if you have a big car. I am very sad that you had a scratch on your roof leaving the garage.

I hope to welcome you back in a near future

Regional Supervisor

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Quebec City

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful and the rooms are modern and clean. Breakfast is a bit crowded as the area is a little too small. Overall we had a nice stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krista9698
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Custumer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your nice comment!

I wish you a very nice day and hope to welcome you back in a near future!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Travelling with two teens, I found this Hotel to be a great choice for our stay in Quebec.
The free Wi-Fi, included breakfast, waterslide makes this Super 8 a good for families. I thought that the simple modern decor in the rooms is great for toddlers, because there is not a lot to get into.

It took us only 15 mins to drive from Old Quebec to the hotel at 4 PM on a weekday. And this is also a good location to get to Montmorency Falls and L'isle D'Orleans.

The front desk staff were quick to offer service in English.

Both the fan in our bathroom and the A/C were quite noisy.

I left a $10 tip for the housekeeping staff, but they failed to remake the sofa bed :(

Overall good experience, though.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room by the stairs. They sound hollow and loud, so I can only imagine...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank is1groovygal
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Custumer,

I would like to thank for your nice remarks. It is always a pleasure to see that you enjoy our hotel. I hope to welcome you back in one of our 5 Hotels Super 8 in the region of Quebec.

I wish you a nice day!

Regional Supervisor

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Considering how expensive Quebec is, this is a decent hotel thats not too pricey. Its very close to the airport and theres alot of restaurants and department stores nearby. If your in Canada during the NCAA, NFL or NBA seasons this hotel does have ABC, ESPN, etc so I was happy about that. It is clean and safe most importantly. Also I was fortunate not to have any hockey or sports teams staying in the hotel making noise. Luckily it was quite when I was there, otherwise the rating would be much lower.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I, together with my friend from Toronto and her 2 kids, stayed in Super 8 Hotel last month. This was a really amazing experience. The service was beyond our expectation: the friendly staff made sure everything was fine with us. And we found the hotel extremely clean and the rooms nice and comfortable. This is also a nice hotel for families with kids to stay in. The two kids had so much fun playing with the sliding and swimming in the pool that they were reluctant to leave the hotel. From now on this is certainly our 'go to' hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nathalie D
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Custumer,

I would like to thank you for your nice remarks about our Super 8 hotel! Good news starting from February 20th all the hotel would be a non smoking hotel!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I'm from New York City and I came to Quebec City and lived at Super 8 Hotel, which did impress me profoundly. The Super 8 Hotel here is totally different from the ones in USA. They offer hot breakfast. and the guys who serve breakfast are all very fiendly and helpful. And the room is very clean and nice. I will come back again...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anne c
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your nice comments. We do appreciate you remark and we would be more than happy to see you back to our Super 8!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We were booked for a hockey tournament in quebec city, I had read the reviews and knew that this was not A 5 star, But to our horror we had booked a non smoking room, get into room and ashtray sitting on desk smell of disinfectant to cover the smoke. Ok we will not be staying in our room to long. go eat and a swim later with pool water so clorinated that it just reeked, understandable as the place was full of kids. Get to our rooms at 10pm to take a shower to wash off clorine to find out no more hot water, call front desk they put me on hold for and never come back, wife goes downstairs to complain and is rudely interupted by the front desk answering a call in the middle of my wifes sentance, told nothing we can do the whole hotel has no hot water, run into a hockey parent on another floor to find out her whole family has just finished taking a shower, I go downstairs to bw told that there was nothing they could do for us as they were boooked solid. Found out next morning that at 6am a family was able to book a room and get it. Basically front desk lied to us and did not care that there was no water even agrred with us. After complaing to Manager was told another manager would contact us to fix things, Martine was just as rude as her staff and told us the bad reviews do not mean a thing to her as her hotel is always booked solid, been a week now and still waiting on Winghsam hotels to contact us, I will never stay at a super 8 or there affliates and I will make sure all the associations in my are Hockey baseball etc.. that they are not welcome there, There are way better hotels or motels in quebec city with slides than this place. at even cheaper rates as we paid the same price as the Hilton downtown quebec. DO NOT STAY HERE MARTINE AND HER STAFF DO NOT REALLY CARE ANYWAY

Room Tip: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE do not get room in front of elevator when hockey teams there to m uch coming an...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike L

Dear Custumer,

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenients you experience during your stay.

I verify and our water heating system broke that night. All the custumers did not have any hot water from around 10h15 pm to midnight. It was du to the propane gaz pump who heat our system. Our maintenance guy came that night and repairs it. Our general manager offers you a gift certificate for one night that you decline.

We took the decision that from February 20th, 2012 all the hotel would be a NON SMOKING HOTEL! I think it is a great decision to avoid the remark of smelling room.

We are continuing our efforts to make sure that our custumer have a pleasent stay with us.