“Perfectly located, excellent for money, friendly hotel! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Champlain Hotel

Le Champlain Hotel
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly located, excellent for money, friendly hotel! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I haven't got much to complain about when it comes to summarise my recent experience at the Champlain.
First of all, it's JUST amazingly located, the best thing about Quebec City is the old town and they're in the heart of it! From there I have been able to walk everywhere worth visiting in the city and they are so very close to the best restaurants in town too that it's JUST uncanny.
They provide free wifi, very handy and secure parking space (to be booked ahead), and fix you up with a good brekkie every morning.
Overall the style of the hotel is a bit old fashioned but how can you complain about that when you have such a good deal and such good location.
Staff is very friendly too and will send you on your right way for anywhere you might want to go and aren't quite sure how to get there. They also have very good restaurant recommendations so feel free to chat with them!
Room can get a bit chilly so be sure to use the heater/vent proactively before going to sleep - and enjoy the comfy bedding - and most of all, the stunning Quebec City.
Definitely worth mentioning that Montmorency/Ile d'Orleans is only a 15mins drive away and is a must to visit!
Do not hesitate and book this now. You'll find yourself writing an equally good review.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our four night stay at "Le Champlain Hotel" this past weekend. Over the past 35 years we have had the pleasure of staying at many different hotels and B&Bs in Quebec City (we do so love this beautiful city!), and never have we stayed at a place as excellent as this one for both the value (please use the TripAdvisor Hotel Booking tool for the best current available rates...we only paid $84.00 a night plus taxes...such a deal!) as well as the overall quality of experience! Now that I have let this secret out of the bag to all of you...

This incredibly well situated, chic boutique hotel provides you with an amazing free brekky every morning with numerous cold and hot selections to begin your day of touring.i.e. fresh orange juice, coffee, tea, cereals, tourtieres, bread pudding, crepes, bagels and other breads, cheese, pate, etc. Trust me when I say, you will not leave this hotel in the morning hungry! The fact that you can eat until 11 am (if you are a late riser like me) does not hurt either. FYI...most B&Bs in this city only have only a minimal continental breakfast available until just 10 am and they do not even come close to being as good as this one...

Our small but quaint superior queen room on the second floor was quite cozy with unique Quebecois decor featuring an amazing view of the city from the window. The bed was especially comfy and allowed for very sweet dreams every night. Such a quiet and peaceful hotel! The flat screen TV was awesome with several English channels available. Our room was kept impeccably clean daily by the housecleaning staff. As many others have said before me, unlimited daily access to their cappuccino/ hot chocolate machine was also a very nice bonus!

Access to the Internet was terrific and they even have a computer there that you could use if you wanted to! Lots of tourist info available here should you want to plan any tours of the city. Also, parking for your car could be arranged here ahead of time if you require it. We took the VIA train here and a cab ride was only about $5.00 to the hotel. Otherwise, we were able to walk anywhere that we wanted to go!

Kudos to the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to make your visit a very memorable stay in addition to serving as great ambassadors for their lovely city. My husband and I strongly encourage you to book a stay at this hotel for your next visit, a decision that we are sure you will not regret!

Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel is well located in a small quiet back street in the walled city. We had no car although parking is available. It was an ideal base for walking the entire city and was close to shops and restaurants.
We were given a room upgrade overlooking Chateau Frontenac. The large room included a fireplace and was very clean as was the bathroom.
The staff were all very pleasant and extremely helpful.
We liked that the breakfast staff were particularly attentive ensuring adequate supplies at all times and that cleanliness was maintained. The included breakfast was excellent with good variety of food and beverage choices. Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Quebec City for our first wedding anniversary and stayed at Hotel Champlain. When we arrived they bumped us up to the King suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi and sent champagne to our room with a personalized note from the staff. It was decadent! The staff there is lovely and are willing to help with anything. Also the breakfast selection is incredible and warm & inviting. We will definitely stay there again and recommend to others!

Asnieres-sur-Seine, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Well located in the heart of the old town, between the Chateau Frontenac and the rue Saint Jean. The bedroom and the bathroom were clean and well good. We had a very nice view on the Chateau Frontenac. The breakfast was good and abundant. The personal is very nice and very welcoming. Good location we recommend!!

casper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I travel a lot and I have never had a hotel that felt so much like home. It is in a perfect location in old Quebec. The front desk staff is very friendly. They appreciated my attempts at French but also accommodated my limitations and used English when I needed it. The free Cappuccino/hot chocolate/Mocha machine in the lobby was icing on the cake. The free morning breakfast was amazing with home made preserves and great food. The room was very comfortable and the mix of old fashion appearance yet new furniture was perfect. I felt very comfortable walking the streets and you are very close to most of the attractions in old Quebec. The parking was a little small and they hold on to your keys, but I emailed them prior to my arrival and they made sure I had a spot even when I booked through hotwire. We will definitely be back but next time we want to stay for at least a week since the two days before a cruise was just not enough time. I recommend this hotel without reservations it feels like home. Dr Gene DuQuette

Room Tip: We were in a standard room and it was perfect
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

First, this hotel is easily reached from the St Louis Gate, then parking is available on site right out the back door. Isabelle and her staff quickly checked us in and were helpful with directions, recommendations, and reserving a tour, which picked us up at the front door. We had a king, 5th floor room (actually the 6th) with a good view north. The hotel is not on a main street, so the location is quiet. Breakfast is a sampling of traditional Quebec items, crepes, meat pies, apple dishes and baked beans among the many offerings. And then there's that espresso machine - five different choices plus the best cup of hot chocolate we ever had. We are fortunate that for our first visit in 30 years, we found the Le Champlain Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple