Le Champlain Hotel
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$199
$169
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$84
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$104
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Chateau Bellevue(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Room Service
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$170
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
2,260 results
All reviewsold quebecespresso machinegreat locationbread puddingwithin walking distanceon site parkingquiet streetfree coffeecroissantsstay there againelectric fireplacebrick wallbreakfast roomjunior suitewine barhard boiled eggssitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have visited Quebec numerous times, this was the first time we stayed in the Old Town. We stayed two nights and paid $38 for parking on site. The front desk required we leave our car keys so they could move our vehicle if necessary due to the limited parking; we obliged. Upon check out on May 17th we found our vehicle blocked by another ... not a problem, I returned to the front desk and asked the vehicle be moved; the clerk was surprised I was blocked in and returned with me to the lot to get the vehicle details and said it would be moved shortly. After a 10 minute wait I returned to the front desk asking when the vehicle would be moved and was informed the vehicle owner would be out in a "few minutes" ; the front desk staff didn't have the car keys but knew the vehicle and owner... obviously there are two sets of rules . Another 10 minutes I again return to the desk and was promised the owner would be right out. I returned to my car and after another long wait again went to the desk asking whose car it was; was it "the hotel owner's?" I ask and received an embarrassed acknowledgement. I returned to my car and used the horn until a fellow, carrying his coffee and very indignant, finally appeared and without any type of apology and with great consternation moved his car. I can only surmise, he (the hotel) already had my money and I was no longer a customer therefore his time was more valuable than mine.

4  Thank J K S
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Bonjour,

First of all, I want to thank you for the time you took to share your experience.

I read your comments and I was really surprised by that situation. I made a research to understand what happened and I want to explain the situation. First, we keep the car keys at the front desk because of a city law. As you were able to see, the parking as only one entrance and the lot is closed by stone walls. For that reason, in case of fire, the fire department of Quebec City as to take the cars out of the parking lot. If we do not have the car keys, we can lose the authorization to use the parking lot.

For the car parked in front of your car, it was not the vehicle of the hotel’s owner; it was the car of a construction employee charged to do some renovation in bathrooms. Unfortunately, he forgot to give his car keys. I know that it does not explain all the time it took, and for that, we want to present you our excuses. After reading your comments, we talked with the construction team and we made sure that they will always leave the keys at the front desk.

For us, our guests are always important and we strive to offer the best services as we can. I am sad that this situation gave you a bad opinion of our establishment even as you mentioned, you had a great experience before that moment.

We apologized again for that situation.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Le Champlain Hotel Apr. 28th and 29th while dropping our daughter off for a summer internship. Hotel was quaint, clean and nicely located in the old city which in itself is worth the trip. Staff were very friendly and helpful with all our questions and were able to offer us some excellent choices on places to eat on 2 occasions. It is a small but rooms were spacious and clean, even though we had a room overlooking the street noise was never an issue.

The free breakfast was nice and although limited we never left hungry, I highly recommend the bread pudding should they have it during your stay. There is a coffee maker located just off the lobby which is freed for quest and only $1 for non-quests well worth the stop.

Not sure when we'll be going back but we would happily stay again with the staff and hotel, only knock is that parking is extremely limited and since we had a van we were hard to accommodate. However parking is available at City Hall located a couple blocks away for $16 a day which appears to be the going rate at other hotels.

If you are looking for a nice quiet getaway then give we would highly recommend the hotel for your stay in the old city.

Room Tip: Booking online definitely saved us a few dollars, if you have the option go that way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jarmsworthy
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your really nice comments.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the hotel Champlain, we strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. We want that our guest can have a memorable stay with us. Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guest and assist you. We are also located on a quiet street of the Old Quebec; you can visit the city by walk in the day and relax in room during the evening.

We want to offer a different continental breakfast than the originals one. Instead of only offering bread, muffins and cereals, we have one or two hot meals that change every day. Also, what is better than a great coffee to start the day? For that reason, as you mentioned, we offer free coffee for our guest. The coffee bar is open 24/7 and you can have espresso, long espresso, cappuccino, mokacchino, latte and hot chocolate.

In the Old Quebec, there is not a lot of hotel where there is parking on site. We are lucky to have one and, as you mentioned, unfortunately it is really small. The best is to reserve it in advance (charge in extra) and we try to accommodate everyone, but sometimes it is hard with big cars, pickup truck or vans. Even if it is not possible, there is a lot of public parking at 5 or 10 minutes walk.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in our establishment.

Alexander.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a lovely little hotel. Location is perfect, within walking distance to everything. The rooms are cute however, I think the mattress could use some updating. The coffee they offer in the hotel is AWESOME and the breakfast is amazing! They even had bikes you could use free of charge for less than 2 hours however, the only downfall was that the bike I wanted to use had a broken seat. I would recommend staying at this hotel!

1  Thank Sicily1978

I want to thank you for your great review.

At the hotel Champlain, we strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. We want that are guests can have a great stay with us. Also, we really take care of your comments; you mentioned that the mattress could use some updating and you have right, slowly we are changing the mattresses.

For more convenience, we offer free Wi-Fi, free access to a computer in the lobby, free breakfast and a free coffee bar 24/7. Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guest and they can assist you at any moment. I am also glad that you enjoyed the bicycle service and we are looking to change the broken seat.

Again I want to thank you for your great comments; we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We did not arrive until the early hours of the morning but were welcomed and our room was ready for a good nights sleep. Beautiful simple breakfast in downstairs front breakfast room. Location is excellent, walking distance to everything in the top part of the city or the walled city, but away from the tourist bustle. Such things as a chemist is three minutes away, supermarket eight minutes, restaurants five minutes or less, history, your surrounded in it.

Excellent room, bigger than the usual European hotel room, great bed and full size bathroom.

Staff excellent, French is their first language but they will answer you well in English, but why not try your French language skills.

Coffee, tea or hot chocolate always available in the front entrance lounge area 24 / 7 that overlooks the street. Settle back with a book, plenty on hand to select from, enjoy a coffee and soak up the beauty of the hotel and Quebec.

Denise

Room Tip: Ask for a front room overlooking the street and the lower town.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

I want to thank you for your great review.

At the hotel Champlain, we are always pleased to welcome guest at any moment of the day, even during the night. It is sure that for the late check in, the best is telling us in advance. After a great sleeping night, a good breakfast is a good way to start the day. For that reason, it is a pleasure for us to offer you the continental breakfast in a buffet way.

Located in the heart of Old Quebec City, our establishment is a great destination to visit the attractions by walk. Restaurants, boutiques, cafes and etc. are at less than five minutes walk. Even if we are in the old town, we are located in a quiet street.

We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. Our rooms are bigger than some other hotel rooms in the old town. Our staff team is always present to assist you in French, in English or in another language if they are able. If you want to practice your French, they will be pleased to help you.

For more convenience, it is a pleasure for us to offer you a free access to a coffee bar 24/7 in the lobby. What is better than a great coffee before and after a long day of visiting the city?

Again, I want to thank you for your great comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The reviews here definitely made it easy for us to choose Le Champlain Hotel. Our family stayed here for four nights and it was certainly worth it. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was superb! Love the complimentary hot chocolate! The room was spacious and clean, especially the bathroom. Location is walking distance to Chateau Frontenac and Notre-Dame Basilica. I can't think of anything we liked the least. We will surely book another 4 nights here, or maybe 5, next time we visit Qeubec.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gayle P

I want to thank you for your great review.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your long stay with us. At the hotel Champlain, our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and assist them.

Because we liked to take care of our guests, it is a pleasure for us to offer the complimentary continental breakfast. We also offer a free access to a coffee bar 24/7 in the lobby. This way you can have a great breakfast and have all the energy to visit the city.

We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. I am very glad that you observe it. It is important for us that you can be comfortable in our hotel.

I want to thank you again for your great comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you for your next long trip in Quebec City.