“Top-rate hotel”
Review of Le Champlain Hotel

Le Champlain Hotel
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The reviews here definitely made it easy for us to choose Le Champlain Hotel. Our family stayed here for four nights and it was certainly worth it. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was superb! Love the complimentary hot chocolate! The room was spacious and clean, especially the bathroom. Location is walking distance to Chateau Frontenac and Notre-Dame Basilica. I can't think of anything we liked the least. We will surely book another 4 nights here, or maybe 5, next time we visit Qeubec.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gayle P
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

I want to thank you for your great review.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your long stay with us. At the hotel Champlain, our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and assist them.

Because we liked to take care of our guests, it is a pleasure for us to offer the complimentary continental breakfast. We also offer a free access to a coffee bar 24/7 in the lobby. This way you can have a great breakfast and have all the energy to visit the city.

We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. I am very glad that you observe it. It is important for us that you can be comfortable in our hotel.

I want to thank you again for your great comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you for your next long trip in Quebec City.

There are newer reviews for Le Champlain Hotel

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We purchased a WagJag Jaunt to stay in Old Quebec City at Le Champlain Hotel. Location was perfect, walking distance to all the sites and heart of Old QC yet very quiet at night-time. The staff were excellent in helping with assiting in helping to direct us, to finding information for us, always asked how our day went. The free cappicino & expresso maker was so wonderful and we lounged around in the lobby everyday and night having our coffee. The breakfast is more of a continental breakfast. The morning staff were able to set our group of 6 up in a special area so we could sit together each morning. The rooms are standard but we enjoyed out free sparkling wine and there is a fridge in the room too. As time came closer to our stay I received frequent emails to ask when we would like to reserve our dinners, to remind me to reserve a parking spot and general other information. Very, very attentive. I would highly recommend this small hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bjmcd
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I want to thank you for your great review.

The WagJag Jaunt promotion was a really great opportunity to discover the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed it. Located in Sainte-Anne Street, the hotel Champlain is really well located; in a quiet street in the heart of the Old Quebec City.

Our staff team is always pleased to welcome people and assist them. They like to share good places to go and hear your experience at the place they recommended. They like to have guest’s opinions to help other people in recommendation.

At the hotel Champlain, we strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. Our free coffee bar 24/7 is an example of the services that we offer. We have also free Wi-Fi, free local calls, parking on site (limited places, it is important to reserve it in advance and the price is not included with the room) and free computer access in the lobby.

I want to thank you again for your charming comments and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Le Champlain Hotel is a lovely place to stay in a lovely city! All the staff were friendly - especially the wonderful breakfast staff! Rooms were cozy and well appointed. The location is great - walking distance to most of the sites Quebec City has to offer. The complimentary coffee/tea facilities in the lobby are an added bonus - it was lovely to relax in the lounge area with a cup of tea on a rainy afternoon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank raecheyraech

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review.

At the hotel Champlain, our staff team is always pleased to welcome guest and assist them. We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. Our goal is that our guests have a great experience. Located in the heart of the Old Quebec, our hotel is a really great destination to discover the city and relax. Everything near and you can walk everywhere without problem.

Thank you again for your great comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great value. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Out of our window we could see the lovely view of the Chateau Frontenac and the Ursuline Monastery. We got this trip through Wag Jag and the amenities proved to be top flight. The breakfast room and choices were a grade above most "Continental " breakfasts. The coffee machine choices are to die for. The fact that there was parking on site (reserved in advance) was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your charming review.

The Old Quebec City is a really beautiful place. From some of our rooms, it is possible to enjoy a great view of the area. The Wag Jag promotion was a really great opportunity that you got to discover our establishment and I am glad that you enjoyed it. We strive to offer services; the free breakfast and the parking on site (not included in the room price and limited place, we recommend to reserve it in advance) are examples of what we offer.

I want to thank you again for your great comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Alexander.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Champlain which I bought through a WagJag vacation deal. Was very pleased with our room for its cleanliness and decoration. Free parking and an excellent continental breakfast was just the icing on the cake. The hotel is so centrally located that it is easy to get to all attractions via foot. Will definitely stay here again, great value for the money. Thanks for making our mini break enjoyable!

Room Tip: Don't forget to reserve your parking spot before you arrive.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your charming review,

The Jaunt Wag Jag promotion was a really nice deal : two nights stay, free parking (normally the price is $16,52+taxes per night), bottle of sparkling wine in the room, two cocktails and one fourth course dinner at the restaurant Le Pain Benin.

At the Champlain hotel, we strive to give comfort, quality, cleanliness and service. It is very important for us that our guests can have a great stay. In the heart of Old Quebec, our hotel is very well located. You can walk without problem everywhere.

Thank you very much for your great comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our stay at the Le Champlain Hotel was very beautiful. The one fly in the ointment was that the elevator was broken the entire 5 days we were there....they were working on it the entire 5 days. This meant for us that we had to walk up to the third floor several times a day.....I'm still catching my breath! BUT! The personnel there did their very best to make it up to us with extra upgrades and helping us carry our bags up the stairs. That aside, the rooms were very beautiful, beds comfortable, overall lovely place to be. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Quebec City.

Room Tip: upper rooms have great views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

I want to thank you for your great review.

First, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the elevator. Unfortunately it was a situation out of our control and an immediate assistance was necessary. In case of problems like that, we do all the possible to make sure that the rest of your stay will be great. We assign rooms in the lower floor that we can, we do some upgrades and etc.

I am glad that, even the elevator’s problem, you enjoyed your stay. Our staffs are always present to assist your guests when they need assistance and they are always pleased to welcome people. We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and service.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back and the next time the elevator will work.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

First of all, YES, stay HERE. I traveled from USA for a Respiratory Conference, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND---** Le Hotel Champlain. **
Favorites: CLEAN, SAFE, Great Staff, FREE tasty BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI, Location to points of interest, the expresso machine in the lobby (free, push of a button, espresso, cappucino, hot chocolate, teas, etc)--mmmmmm so convenient.
Also (this is probably not so important) but the men who worked the desk were so handsome :)
The women were just as beautiful. Everyone was highly professional, helpful, informative.
My room had a fireplace and a great view of Parliament. The rooms were very quiet with blackout curtains.

Dislikes: I cannot think of anything---AT ALL

Room Tip: Rooms have blackout curtain, AC/Heat is more than adequate, my room had a fireplace. I booked online...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rolltideguy25
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your very dynamic review. It is truly appreciated.

I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and services. In the middle of the Old Quebec City, we have the perfect location to go everywhere by walk. The cappuccino machine is really great and we are always pleased to see how our guests like it. Our staffs work very hard to give the best service as they can and I am glad that you were satisfied of that.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Best regards.