Le Champlain Hotel
$398
$322
$192
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

L'Hotel Port-Royal(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)
$101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$235
$218
$135
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$377
$124
$104
2,306 results
All reviewsold quebecespresso machinegreat locationbread puddingwithin walking distanceon site parkingquiet streetfree coffeecroissantsstay there againbreakfast roomwine barbrick wallelectric fireplacejunior suitesitting areabreakfast was included
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hotel is in a quiet street within Old Quebec. Room was very comfortable, clean, nicely decorated, and had a nice firm bed. Modern designed bathroom faucet and basin but sort of clashed with the standard toilet and bathtub. Hotel has it's own parking lot (not many in Old Quebec do). Free Wi-Fi. Breakfast was so-so, but it's free. Rate was very reasonable (week before the Winter Carnival). Restaurants are a short walk away. Staff was helpful and friendly. It lacks a gym but I knew that when I booked it. It's a 3-star hotel but I think it should be 3.5 stars. Seldom do I rate hotels as Excellent in all respective aspects. I've stayed at other hotels within Old Quebec and this is a hotel I would definitely return to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeftTheBldg
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great review.

As you mentioned, Sainte-Anne Street is a really quiet street located in the heart of the Old Quebec. When you stay in our hotel, you are able to visit all the attractions by walk and sleep without any noise during the night. We strive to offer comfort, quality, cleanliness and service; I am glad that you were comfortable with us and you enjoyed your stay in our establishment.

As you wrote, we have a parking on site. It is important to remember that you have to reserve the parking in advance and there is an extra charge for it. You mentioned that you did not like too much the breakfast. For sure a continental breakfast is different than an American breakfast. We want to improve our service and you can feel free to contact us to suggest what we can change to be better. We are really open to constructive comments.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments and it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in our establishment.

Alexander.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very cozy hotel. The room was very spacious and even had an electronic fireplace. Even though we were on the second floor, we still could see the roof of the Chateau Frontenac from our window.

I chose this hotel because of the location and because breakfast was included. The breakfast buffet was simple and delicious- just what I wanted. Choices included: bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, waffles (on one morning), juice, tea and coffee.

It is located in the centre of old Quebec and is just a short walk to all you will want to see.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hostelchick

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At the hotel Champlain we strive to offer cleanliness, comfort, quality and service. In general, our rooms are bigger than some in the Old Town, we offer free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, some rooms have fire place (Deluxe, Suite and Junior Suite) and free access to a coffee bar 24/7.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed the breakfast. We are working hard to make it good to everyone. The important for us, is that our guests can have a memorable stay.

Again, I want to thank you for your great comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

2nd time at this hotel. It is right in the middle of old Quebec. Front desk people are great. Rooms are very nice, not your chain hotel type. Quiet rooms with a nice breakfast. Easy to walk around Old Quebec from here. I will stay there again if we return to Quebec City.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for a view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank m2mann

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great comments.

I am glad to see that it was your second time in our hotel and I hope that it won’t be the last. We are always pleased to welcome back guest in our establishment and we are always there to assist you. We strive to make sure that you have a memorable stay with us. As you mentioned, we are well located: in the heart of the old town in a quiet street.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

At first i didnt know what to expect from the champlain hotel but,let me tell you that we had such a positive experience.we booked the junior suite (room 11) including a 2 places jacuzzi .entering the room i was so happy to see how everithing was disposed and eye attractive and finally so clean.we enjoyed our room so much that i cant wait to come back to this hotel.
the service was really good also and the employees very helpful so i highly recommend it if you want to have peace of mind and nice room .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christian M

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I am really glad to see how much you liked your experience with us. We strive to offer the best experience for our guest. The Junior Suite rooms are really perfect to relax completely. King bed, sitting area, fireplace and the Jacuzzi are all the perfect elements to be comfortable. Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and assist them.

I want to thank you again for your great comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great breakfast which varied from day to day. Front desk staff were very helpful. Stayed in 2 different rooms - both in great condition and very clean. Convenient location to visit old Quebec as well as the "real city" outside the walls.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Margaret M

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review.

At the hotel Champlain we strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service; I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment. We want that our guest can be comfortable and after a great night of sleeping, a good breakfast is a perfect match. We decided to offer the breakfast in a buffet way and also we have one or two hot meals that we change every day to give variety.

Our staff team is always ready to welcome guests and assist them. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back for a next trip.

Thank you again for your great comments.