“From start to end. Completely disappointing.”

Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort
Ranked #57 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“From start to end. Completely disappointing.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

From arrival to departure, we unfortunately got the worst customer service.
Room was not guarantied ready for 3PM. Employee never called to confirm when room was ready.
When we came back later that night, around midnight, they had given away our room. They downgraded our room, by mistake, and never owned up to it. My two friends had to sleep on cots.

Would of loved to have felt like the hotel cared about us after they made a mistake. Felt like we had to fight to get some form of service. Case still unresolved. Will not consider returning unfortunately.

We are a group of jet setters and have never experienced such poor service. Sheraton Quebec does not live up to the Sheraton standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sabrina F, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Greetings Strukti,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and comments. We very deeply appreciated every and all comments we get as this permits us to better ourselves constantly.

I am very sorry to hear about all the inconvenience you had during your last stay and would like to reassure you that it is not standard procedure at our property. I understand that such a situation can be very frustrating. I have followed up with the concerned front desk agents and have had a meeting with all of our team as to avoid that such a situation happens again, but I understand that this not erase what happened during your last stay.

I think it is important for me to reach out to you. We care very much about all of our guests and your opinions and overall experiences at our property. Once, again I want to apologize on behalf of all of our team.

We recognize our mistake and will contact you directly. We look forward to discussing the issue at hand with you directly.

Best Regards,

Kristen Girard Alleyn
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went there for a conference with my work for 2 nights/3 days... I will say for positive things this hotel has going, it's brand new, modern, clean and has a nice view from the rooms on the golf course. I am usually
An enthusiastic reviewer, finding mug more positive points then downfalls, but this time, I fell like I got short changed.
The room was big (was upgraded to a junior suite) but somewhat lifeless. The ceiling in the bathroom is a suspended ceiling...that is kind of cheap?!
The gym is very small, ultra narrow, but well equipped with modern equipment. There is a spa on site, and I enjoyed the heated pool in the cold night of April...
The bathrobe from the room was in this paper thin kind of fabric, didn't feel "luxurious" at all, and I had to request one from the front desk since they forgot to put it in my room...
The biggest downfall has to e location: far from downtown Quebec City, like a 15 min car ride, far from restaurants (5-10 minutes) There's one in the hotel with hotel like prices (like lunch is around 20-25$)...
Staff was pleasant and conference wise, it was a great venue. There is much better bang for your buck in the downtown area and at least you can walk to bars, restaurants, shops, etc.

• Stayed April 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Veronique1985,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our resort decor, views and golf course. As you had mentioned we are located outside of the downtown area, however taxis and our local bus service are easily accessible. We hope you'll come back to see us. Take care!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to a wedding last weekend at this hotel and have stayed overnight many times. Great view to the golf and a nice Terrace to just sit and have some drinks overlooking the greens...

The wedding was absolutely georgeous, the room was big and spacious with a glass door where we could go outside directly to get some air,again right off the golf course. The food was very good, we had a filet mignon with brie cheese and veggies,the appitizers were delightful,panko shrimps,boeuf tartar in a cute presentation like an ice cream cone.
i felt that the staff was very attentive to the service, we didnt wait too long to be served and the food was hot.
After speaking to the bride and groom about the wedding organisation, all they had to say was...FLAWLESS!!
we didnt have open bar for this occasion so they had a bar open for us, the variety and pricing of the alcohol was sufficient.
The rooms are very spacious, cozy,modern and clean.
there is a spa, and with your room you have free access to the sauna and warm pool outside,winter or summer.
in the winter they have chairs all around and fire thats ongoing.

Well that sums up my experience here at the Four points by sheraton Québec...LOVED IT!! i would recommend with no hesitations.

Room Tip: overlooking the golf side..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nouk7
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for a family vacation. Nice hotel with golf course access. Concierge suggested that it is a busy golf course, but it was easy to get 9-holes in the morning before taking the family out to the town. Nice practice facility to chip and putt. Small but decent heated outdoor pool. Overall a nice place to wind down near Quebec City

Room Tip: Look for the golf course view, much nicer than the other side. If you are a golfer, carry few balls...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear VVV2000,
We are very pleased to hear that your recent family trip with us was a pleasant one and we are delighted that you were able to enjoy the golf course and pool. We hope to see you on your next trip to Quebec. Take care!
Waterdown, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Anywhere that has a 4 ft x 4 ft swimming pool is not recommended for children. Aside from my 2 kids, there were 3 other families and 6 children at the same time trying to cram swim recreation time in. We swam in the hot tub instead which was twice that size, but extremely hot so limited time and not really serving the intended purpose. The restaurant had one server, so you can imagine that he didn't really serve in a timely manor, or at all for that matter. Tried to order room service from the room but the phone system is not configured to dial the restaurant through the quick keys (found that odd). When I got a hold of room service, the server did not know the menu. Had to find other meal arrangements that night. The next morning I ordered room service. It took 3 attempts to get through to someone. When I did he took my order, then called back 15 minutes later and asked if we were sure that we wanted room service? In other words, don't plan on eating there. Service is horrible. As for the room, I read someone else's comment about musky bathroom odour and I agree. Also the bedroom itself was very spacious but a little dated and the pillows felt old, polyester-ish (not down filled). Front desk staff were very polite, but not the most knowledgeable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sabrina F, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Bonjour !

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Please contact us directly in order to discuss your stay with us.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Kristen Girard Alleyn
Front Desk Supervisor
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here for a few days early in July 2013.

We stayed in a very spacious room with a closed bedroom overlooking the golf course.

Upon checking in, for some reason, the receptionist didn't tell me about the shuttle bus to and from Quebec City (I learned about it later by happening to overhear another guest talking to a different receptionist). Also the receptionist I had didn't know how to deal with our breakfast being included in our 'package', or our 'welcome drink', as I was asked to go and come back to the desk repeatedly until it was figured out.
On the back of the room key folder was a note saying I could reject the daily Globe and Mail newspaper delivery. I asked not to have this delivery and I was told something along the lines of: it was not something they had anyway. In the morning I saw a bunch of rooms with this newspaper outside their doors. Weird.

The rooms don't have mini-fridges, which was an inconvenience for me (and, I think, another lady I saw asking for her child's milk in some far away fridge from someone at the reception desk) but is probably no big deal for others.

I thought the bathroom was really very musty smelling and before I got settled into my room, I asked if it was at all possible to just see another room. The other room I was showed (by a super polite préposé, mind you) was the one _right_ beside the busy lobby (practically in the lobby!) and that one had the same smell (perhaps that's why another reviewer talked about a chlorine smell in their room? to get rid of the musty smell in the bathrooms?)

The coffee in the lobby was a great little touch. The location really worked for me and where I needed to go. The breakfast was super convenient.

The $45 added for *each day* in the 'other' column on my bill was not explained very well (just that 'it's a Quebec tax, it's a Quebec thing').

However, despite all that, overall it was a good stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveToTrave1
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear LoveToTrave1,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your overall stay with us. We will share your feedback with our team to ensure that our guests know about the shuttle at check in. We hope you'll come back to see us!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was a stunning surprise! I had a convention for work that i had to go to in quebec city, and when i looked for hotels downtown, there were either no vacancy or outrageous prices. THis place was quite affordable, using hotels.com. I took the mini suite for 4 nights. The room was clean, pretty much spotless. The service was excellent. Even thought pricy, the restaurant was tasty and convenient. The golf course was amazing, as i got to play a round of 18. My only complaint is that when you walk into the room, (especially on our first entry), there was a quite overwhelming smell of chlorine. Besides that, my family and i had a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex R
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Bonjour Alex R,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Four Points and were even able to enjoy a round of golf during your business trip. We hope to see you again when you are next in Quebec. You'll be able to find our best rates of the day on our site, fourpoints.com/quebec. Take care!