“Beautiful”

Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were here in Old Quebec early May, and it was great. It was not busy and packed with people and tour bus like the last time I was here during the summer time. I love the buildings, the shops, and the restaurants. Great place to visit.

There are newer reviews for Old Quebec

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had a fun and exhausting day today walking around Old Quebec. I like the buildings and the shops. It is really lovely to tour this place on foot. If you drive, it's crazy. Lots of one way streets. But still, an experience. I've been to Paris and other parts of France. Old Quebec reminds me of France.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton in Levis. Took a taxi to the ferry. A quaint short ferry ride and we were at the lower level of the old city. Either climb the steps or ride the Funicular and you are at the Chateau. We toured the Chateau (a small fee) ate at a variety of restaurants and when tired took the ferry back. The history is awesome : old churches, the fort, local buildings and much more. We love it. People ARE wonderful and do speak some English. I found that saying "bonjour" before asking anything, made people more willing to help. "Merci" is appreciated too. Don't miss Morency Falls ( higher than Niagara Falls) it is awesome. There is much more to see; but, I am limited to so many words. This was my fifth trip there.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This beautiful place of antiquity is like a little piece of old Europe.

I only had one night to spend in Quebec City, so I made the most if it my walking laps so I could take in as much as I could! I probably walked for four or more hours, limited only by the fact I had get some sleep before going into work the next day.

I crossed paths with some tour groups and would pause briefly to take In a small story being offered by the historically dressed guide.

I cannot wait to go back and try to play tourist for real!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

it was like being transported back to Europe… Beautiful architecture, quaint, picturesque… Spent hours just walking down its streets, photographing away.