“Homey B&B with wonderful breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quebec City
Bed & Breakfast L'Heure Douce
Ranked #53 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This B&B excels on the second B: breakfast. Patrick, the owner, prepares different yummy healthy breakfast everyday.
3 of 4 rooms are located on the 3rd floor so you should beware of steep & narrow stairs esp. if you have a big suitcase.
The bedrooms have just enough space for 2 people. Unfortunately there are only 2 bathrooms (and toilets) for 4 bedrooms which can mean a line for the bathroom. The good thing is there aren't too many people staying at this small B&B so you can easily strike up a conversation with fellow travelers over breakfast or dinner. Usually Patrick serves us the breakfast himself and accompany us during meals.
It is conveniently located on a quiet street just outside the walled Old Quebec.

Room Tip: All rooms are bout the same.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Erica W

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here for Winter Carnival and really enjoyed our visit. The location was great and our room was a fraction of the price of some of the large hotels in the area. It was very easy to walk to the Carnival and all the major attractions in the area. A spot in an indoor parking garage was included for a small additional fee, which was very helpful.

Our host, Patrick, was fabulous. He spoke both French and English and was full of interesting stories. He was also very helpful and gave us good directions and lots of excellent suggestions on places to go and restaurants to check out. He made the stay feel very personal and like home.

Room Tip: Room #3 is small, with a low slanted ceiling. Watch your head! The other rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chins01
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at l'Heure Douce while visiting Quebec City for Carnival. The B&B is very comfortable and right in the heart of everything: just a few minutes' walk from Vieux Quebec and the Plains of Abraham. Patrick is a great guy, full of stories and helpful tips. The room is nice and large with a comfortable bed, and the breakfasts were delicious. I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at l'Heure Douce two nights with our one-year old baby. The place is close to the lively Saint-Jean street, which directly takes you to the historical heart of Quebec City. Inside, the common living-room/kitchen is a place where you feel like home, and so are the rooms. But most importantly, the people who run the place (the owner or his employee) are incredibly warm and welcoming. Their advice concerning places to visit and places to eat made our stay extremely enjoyable. I very strongly recommend the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #2. It was very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lionel N
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am based in Montreal. My friend and her daughter are from Melbourne on vacation here in Quebec. I booked this b&b a few months ago for myself and my guests for the weekend of Sept 28, 2013. We ended up extending till yesterday, the 30th partly because Patrick, the owner, was simply amazing. He suggested to us things to do, where to go, how to get there, where to eat..anything and everything to make our stay in Quebec truly affordable and memorable. His b&b was a home away from home. And his assistant, Serge was a real sweetheart. Thanks for the hearty breaky of 3 days. We loved our short but wonderful stay in Quebec... we will be back...carina

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank cai101965
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a small b&b in the heart of the city. It is a 5-10 min walk from the convention center. Patrick is a great host, courteous, resourceful, adjusting and extremely helpful. The breakfast is quite a spread with a variety of eggs, croissants, crepes and bread. The room is clean and spacious. It happened to rain unexpectedly on one of the days during my stay and Patrick was kind enough to lend me an umbrella. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom, this place is a steal. I would definitely recommend this.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rashi D
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a few days and we had a great time. The host is amazing, professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The location is great as well, not far from Vieux Quebec at all.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends