“Great Hosts, Enjoyable Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quebec City
Bed & Breakfast L'Heure Douce
Ranked #52 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Highly recommended. Located within walking distance of the old city, this B&B is very clean and comfortable. Our hosts, Patrick and Genevieve, offer a full and tasty breakfast and made every effort to accommodate guests' needs. Both are excellent sources of information about happenings and events in Quebec City, as well as local restaurants and services. Should you arrive by car, parking can be a problem, though a rental space is available through the B&B.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard B

Reviewed June 9, 2009

When we arrived they let us in but we noticed right away that they haven't clean the place since the last occupant. We ask if they could clean the place but they said it was done already!????

At night since our room didn't had curtains, we had the street lights keeping us awake all night plus on top of that you hear basically sounds that comes from the room next door.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PlanetTrotter3
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I stayed at this hotel during Quebec's 400th birthday celebrations and have zero complaints. I stayed in one of the apartments and for the price I don’t think there is a better deal in Quebec. There is a grocery store about 5 minutes away and the kitchen in the apartment has all you need to cook for yourself, which can save a lot of money. The bathroom wasn't perfect but it wasn't too bad. The staff were very helpful, they have parking stalls and if they are full they will find you another place to park. I forgot my phone in the room and they mailed it home to me and they arranged for a taxi to pick us up. It is almost as if the people who complain about this place were staying somewhere else because I have no complaints. It was only about 10mins to walk to the Chateau Frontenac and the rest of the old town and if you are driving the location is perfect because it’s extremely easy to get onto the highway that takes you to Montmorency Falls and Isle d'Orleans. I would totally recommend this place to anyway!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sammy19
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Our experience was to say at the very least traumatizing and at best the ultimate in a tourism nightmare.
There were many discrepancies between advertised information and the actual experience.
It was very difficult to navigate the unwritten but very spoken rules of the household. ie) wineglasses in the rooms but alcohol is forbidden,dining rooms with 6 chairs but no visitors allowed,windows that we were not allowed to open.
Our privacy was infringed upon on sevaral occasions. For example our room was entered without invitation or warning. Overall the feeling to liberally enjoy the beautiful clean ambience of these accomodations is diminished by strict regulations,privacy infringements and a overall feeling of being unwelcome.
I would not reccommend staying here unless you are prepared to sacrifice the basic liberties of being on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Mitchmanitoba
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed at L'Heure Douce B&B for the first week of July, 2007. This was our second time staying here. The location is fantastic, just off Rue St Jean with only a 5-10 minute walk to the walls of Vieux Quebec. Rue St Jean is a bustling, historic street itself with many restaurants & cafes along the way. An excellent bakery and a super gelato place are both just a block or two away from the B&B. The patios on St Jean are great for people-watching.

The B&B is very nice, clean and modern. Our demure host, Rosalie, served us a simple but delicious breakfast - start with muslix & yogurt, then a choice of either eggs with peameal bacon & fresh bread, or an assortment of bagels & croissant with homemade jams. Always a great start to the day. The guest area is up two very steep and narrow flights of stairs, typical in old Quebec. There's a lot of uphill walking & stairs in this city so make sure you pack some comfy shoes! The three guest bedrooms share one bathrooom. This can be somewhat of a problem in the morning when everyone wants to take a shower at the same time. Just remember you're on vacation and there's no rush. There's also a terrace just off the main dining area that has a really nice view of the city. Sunsets are spectacular.

For the price of staying so close to where all the action is in Quebec City, this B&B can't be beat. There aren't a lot of frills and extras (eg., no tv) but for what you do get, its a fantastic deal. I'm sure we'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelWolf
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I stayed at the apartments which are let by the owners of the B&B establishment and they are located in a street that is around the corner from the B&B.
I booked this accomodation through an agency, Easyrez, and I must say that they oversold the quality of the accomodation in my opinion.
Whilst I have no complaints with regards to the standard of cleanliness in the apartment , the general fittings were old fashioned and obviously second hand and more in keeping with the type that I would expect to find in accomodation that is rented out to students. It was certainly not what I would describe as a holiday let.
That said, the price was reasonable and what it lacked in modernity it made up for in terms of location, which was just off the main shopping street of Quebec and within walking distance of all of the significant sights.
Overall, the accomodation was acceptable for the couple of nights we were there but I was not unhappy to move on to our next port of call.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jigsawman
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My husband and I spent 5 days in the studio apartment during Carnivale season (February) 2004. We were university students at the time so the price and fact that we could minimize eating out by using the kitchenette was very attractive. The room was comfortable and cozy. Moreover, the place was clean, including the kitchenette and bathroom. The female-owner was standoffish at first, but warmed up.when she found that I speak French. I did suspect (as other reviewers mention) that she was going into the room in our absence (turn down heat, checking lights, etc), but wasn't too concerned at the time as we hadn't taken valuables. Would have been preferable though to be certain that no one was going in other than us. Only other complaint is that we ran out of hot water in the shower after a particularly frigid (-40 C) walk home from the old city. The walk to the old city seemed long in the dead of winter, but is probably not bad in summer. We also explored the neighbourhood around the auberge, which is pleasant with cute shops and such.

• Stayed: February 2004, traveled as a couple