“Kind of a Drag”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Kind of a Drag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

A week before my wife and I went to Le Drague was the yearly gay pride festival in Quebec City, where a DJ and some performers from Le Drague performed in Place d'Youville, where we had a great time dancing for two hours in the square. That's why we were surprised that going to the club the next Saturday night just wasn't that fun. Their website said that drag shows happen on Saturdays, but when we arrived, we learned there was no show scheduled.

The club has one dance floor, and several bars, one next to the dance floor and the other in quieter rooms. I’d guess the mix that night was 50% gay, 45% lesbian, and 5% hetero. Everyone was dressed low-key, with none of the fabulousness one would associate with such a venue. Clearly, Quebec City is neither South Beach nor West Hollywood.

We liked the fog and the light show in the dance room, except when the room was lit up periodically for unknown reasons. Our main complaint was with the DJ. Maybe he just wasn't having a good day, but many of the music choices weren't great to dance to, and many of the transitions were rough. It was also a drag that workers often walked through the dance floor carrying things (boxes, bottles, a bucket, a mop) between a storage room and the other bars.

It would take little to improve the club, and we hope it’s better the next time we visit Quebec.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank DiscerningOnes

Saugus, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“It's all about the night...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

My friends and I went on a Monday night and a Tuesday night, and while those aren't normally the busiest time for drinking, I must say that Tuesday had plenty of patrons!

It (to my knowledge) is currently the only gay bar in Quebec City. While that's a shame, Le Drague certainly makes itself known with its tasteful decor and abundance of events.

I suggest ordering a pitcher of love...only fifteen dollars, and my friends and I milked them for quite some time!

Visited April 2011