“Top Notch”

Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Boston
“Top Notch”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Everything about this hotel is excellent, but what really stands out is the friendly attentive service. There were a few little glitches during our 5 day stay, such as the ice machine not working the second day. They delivered ice to the room and the machine was working the next day. The concierge, Francine, provided local, reasonably priced restaurant referrals and couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommend

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Front Office Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Bonjour Mr-rickson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel 71. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the service delivered by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

nlavigne@hotel71.ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our most recent vacation to Quebec City was enhanced greatly by the staff of Hotel 71. From the moment we arrived, which was well before check in time, we felt special. There was absolutely no problem for an earlier than notified arrival and we were shown our room. What a wonderful surprise - we had a magnificent view of the St. Lawrence. We then went downstairs for lunch at Il Matto - another plus. The food was delicious & the service excellent. A special thank you to their concierge, Maxime, who supplied us with enough brochures & recommendations that made it very easy to organize our days. The front desk staff were ever willing to assist. eg. on a very rainy evening we needed a second umbrella & voila, we had it. Could it get any better? Just had to mention our impending departure & immediately arrangements were made for a taxi to pick us up. I could go on but I would be repeating myself about the great care & service we received. The best place to stay in Quebec City!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour CollFair,

Thank you very much for your great comments. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel 71. Guest service is our priority. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Quebec City.

Kind Regards,

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here during the Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France 2014. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff are considerate and provide great service. The breakfast is excellent and offers choice. The location is excellent for a number of great restaurants, shopping and the market. Quebec history at your door.

Bonjour Redgmc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel 71. We are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our magnificient city to the fullest thanks to our location!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Québec.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hotel 71 is an incredible hotel. My check-in was quick and painless as the front staff was friendly and professional. I entered the sophisticated, clean, airy room to soft classical music playing in the background. There was a handwritten letter greeting me on the bed, next to the delicious chocolate left for me. And this is just for starters. The bathroom was chic but user friendly with soft towels and wonderful soaps and shampoos. When I came down to the lobby the first morning of my stay, I was greeted by name. When I asked the valet to get my car, he didn't need reminding as to what car was mine. Although the hotel was full--it is high season, after all--every attempt was made to make me feel like a valued guest. The bed was comfortable, and the sheets were soft, 100% cotton, with fine down pillows. Needless to say, I slept extremely well while I was there. Really--from the delicious breakfast to evening drinks at the restaurant bar--this is the finest hotel I have been to in Quebec City. And the location is superb--directly across the street from the Musée de la Civilization and just down the street from the funiculaire, fine dining options, and great shopping.
Every year I have to go to Quebec City to visit friends of mine--and every year I am disappointed by the hotels I have chosen. Not this time--Hotel 71 was a far better hotel, not to mention a far better value, than the famed Frontenac. The hotels in the city can sometimes be a bit on the weird side--but this will be the last place I will ever book because it will be the only place I will ever book. Thank you so much to the staff at your beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I had a wonderful view of the river--but the best is to experience this wonderful city for yourself...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bonjour Buckinghamgunn!

What a pleasure to read your review! I am thrilled that we were able to meet all your expectations and that you enjoyed your Hotel 71 experience. Please do not hesitate to write me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca when you plan to return. Again, thank you for your gracious words, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a fantastic time at this hotel last week. Great location and top notch customer service. Staff could not have been nicer. The food was incredible, the free breakfast really started my day off right. Spotless and well-designed. Great experience all around.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bonjour Rutafox,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind words about your recent experience at Hotel 71. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have already shared your comments with the entire team as a reminder of what we do best.

Do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning your next trip to Quebec. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel 71 soon!

Room division Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel 71 was perfect for us. The location was very convenient but the street that it was on wasn't really crowded and many of the others in the area were.
It's an historic building that's been redone in a very modern style. Our room had a very comfortable king bed with soft sheets and water views, including a perfect view of fireworks our first night.
Our stay was special because of Max B, the concierge. All of his recommendations were great, especially the restaurants he booked for all of our meals during our stay. Thank you Max!
We'd definitely stay here again.

Dear Mausycat,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind words about your recent experience at Hotel 71. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the concierge department and your room. Please contact me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca before your next visit.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel 71 soon! –

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2014

First let me say that this was one of the best Hotels that I have ever stayed in.

After considerable research and some local friends advice, I booked 3 rooms at the Hotel 71 while traveling to a friend's wedding. First the location is marvelous for visiting the city. It is located in the lower town where we enjoyed the history, sites and great food. It is about a block away from the Funicular for a quick, easy and interesting trip uptown.

We chose the hotel as some reviews of other popular hotels indicated that they were getting a bit tired. Hotel 71's accommodations were first class and very fresh, from the spacious rooms to the shower. I had read reviews of the shower, but it is worth the visit just to stand inside of it. Breakfast in the dinning room was delicious with freshly baked croissants, fresh ham and cheeses, fruits, boiled eggs and other delicious treats.

The staff was very helpful in getting us reservations and making sure that our group was all set for our stay. The Front Office Manager Nancy went out of her way to provide us with excellent service and her staff reflects her energy and positive attitude.

Very well done indeed!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor which was convenient to the Ice machine and gym. Our friends stayed in...
2 Thank Jeffrey114
Nancy L, Front Office Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Bonjour Jeffrey114,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent stay at Hotel 71. Iam delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have already shared your comments with the entire team as a reminder of what we do best. Please contact me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca before your next visit.

Thank you for the kind words.