“Very good”

61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Very good”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stopped for lunch and I must say that while the menu was not extensive it did cover all of the necessary bases. I decided on a burger and was pleasantly surprised. Our friends had the mussels and fries...that sish was generous in its portion size as well as flavor and presentation. Other friends raved but that was a different meal earlier in the week that I was not present for so I can only trust their review.
The seating with the large windows open to the street were very nicely located but the seats are awkward in size and the booths can be tough to climb in and out of. Once in they are comfortable but management should look at this.
Without question we will return on our next visit to Quebec.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ChubbaHill

virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Stopped for a drink”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink on a rainy afternoon. We were lucky enough to grab a window seat and the windows were open so a lovely view and great for people watching. My husband had a beer recommended by the server and although there was no sangria on the menu, the bartender mixed up a carafe. It was excellent and a good price - around $16 I think. We didn't eat but it sure did smell delicious!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jacVirginia
Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our first stop for lunch in Quebec City. It was quaint and the fish and chips were crispy and delicious. My daughter had the mussels with a mustard and wine sauce and was very pleased although thought it should have been thinned down a little more. Very accommodating for the baby.

1 Thank Diane D
Quebec City, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Make a Reservation”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Been there several times with family or friends. Always a nice meal to be had. Try the spinach salad, it's our starters every time. If you are in town during an event such as the summer festival in July or the Winter Carnaval in February, be sure to make a reservation as it can become packed on the better nights. If in the summer, be sure to ask for the window tables on first floor as they usually open those windows to the sound of exterior activities. Really a nice spot in prime location in the middle of the Old Town.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank raymondduclos
Sooke, Canada
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Decent food - very crowded”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I found the food was pretty good as did the other members of my party except for the plain burger my grandson had - it was rather dry. We had a friendly server who did her best to deal with our poor ability to speak French. The walnut bread with goat cheese and roasted vegetables was delicious and a nice pairing with the French Onion soup - perfect for the very cold day. Unfortunately the warmed plate although appreciated, wilted the salad greens turning them into rather unpleasant, rubbery bits that would not be fit for the compost bin.
We had to change tables when I could not get onto the bench due to a bad knee and absolutely no means to move either the table or a bench yet alone receive any assistance from staff. The table we were moved was not much better, other than a great view out the window, as every table is too closely squeezed to its neighbour. Be prepared to get very friendly.
The space is pleasant, Christmas decorations were unobtrusive but festive.
We were not in a hurry to return to the cold so a slow pace worked for us although I am sure our server could not have done much more to balance all her orders.
I suggest this as a place to eat at if you want just relax with friends or family and drink in the world beyond the windows as well as indoors.

Visited December 2013