We are currently staying in the suite (room 10) and it is very nice. The bed is comfortable, the sheets are clean and new, the pillows make my head feel like it is drifting upon a puffy cloud. In the bedroom, there are large french windows looking out to the terrace. The television is huge. The AC is a little noisy but it cools off the room very fast. The bathroom is massive with a whirpool bathtub and a separate shower. The second room would be perfect for a child. There is a microwave.
The terrace is so big! When I read that there was a terrace, I thought it would be a small balcony. You could probably squeeze twenty people on to the terrace, it is that big. It doesn't overlook the old city but it overlooks the northern part of the city where mountains are seen in the background.
The breakfast, which is included, is fantastic and the owners are lovely people.
The hotel is about a 15-minute walk to the Old City but it's a great walk down Rue St. Jean where there are many restaurants, shops, and interesting churches. We took a tour of a nearby church which was beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our house built in 1898, hosting 10 rooms, suites and studios in the heart of very old and very lively Saint Jean Baptiste, and 10 minutes walk from Old Quebec. Le Chateau des Tourelles is primarily a small cozy hotel, where people feel good and a little like at home. Our panoramic terrace covering the roof of the hotel will seduce you as it offers one of the most beautiful views of Quebec, the Laurentides Mountains and part of Saint Laurent So see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau des Tourelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Tourelles Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Des Tourelles Quebec/Quebec City