“This the one” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Quebec City
NYC
“This the one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are currently staying in the suite (room 10) and it is very nice. The bed is comfortable, the sheets are clean and new, the pillows make my head feel like it is drifting upon a puffy cloud. In the bedroom, there are large french windows looking out to the terrace. The television is huge. The AC is a little noisy but it cools off the room very fast. The bathroom is massive with a whirpool bathtub and a separate shower. The second room would be perfect for a child. There is a microwave.

The terrace is so big! When I read that there was a terrace, I thought it would be a small balcony. You could probably squeeze twenty people on to the terrace, it is that big. It doesn't overlook the old city but it overlooks the northern part of the city where mountains are seen in the background.

The breakfast, which is included, is fantastic and the owners are lovely people.

The hotel is about a 15-minute walk to the Old City but it's a great walk down Rue St. Jean where there are many restaurants, shops, and interesting churches. We took a tour of a nearby church which was beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kellygobraugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst in Quebec City. The staff were helpful on arrival, providing us with a map of the city, the Wi-Fi-passcode, etc. The rooms were alright; they were quite old, and there as a hole in the floor (?) Also, we were only provided with one towel (we were a party of four) and were not able to get more until the afternoon of the next day. The breakfast was great, however. The owner and waiter was extremely friendly and made us all feel right at home. Their French toast is commendable. There is a parking, located about 250m from the hotel, which will cost you $8/day. The location of the hotel is like no other; it is walking distance from the very center of the city, no need to use the car. All in all, a good stay. However, if was quite expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vilhelmiina H
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked a quiet studio apartment (room on the lowest floor) with cooking facilities which was perfect for our family of 2 adults and 2 young kids. A private parking lot was conveniently located just outside our door. Beds were comfy and apartment was tastefully furnished making it feel like home. Location is walking distance of Upper Town. William the manager was friendly and accommodated all our needs.

My only grouses are that a strange smell, which I suspect is sewage smell, would waft from the toilet occasionally and the floor wasn't cleaned/vacuumed daily, so dirt built up. That being said, William seemed to be the only staff at that time doing room turnover, so perhaps they were shorthanded.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
central, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I arrived there July 25th and left July 31st. The hotel is wonderful, and the staff is even better. We are in our 70s and did a lot of walking. Be advised Quebec City is pretty hilly, not quite San Francisco, but similar in many parts. the architecture in town is amazing. There are many churches that are spectacular. Be sure to see John the Baptist, Sacred Heart and St. Anne's de Beaupre. Also be sure to check out the waterfalls at Montmorency falls they are great and 90 feet higher than Niagara Falls. If you stay at Chateau des Tourelles and are our age, you might really appreciate being on one of the lower floors. Before we left i read a lot about Quebec City, and everybody seems to say that you can get by speaking english. For the most part that is true, but there are a few people that ignore you if you speak only english.

Room Tip: I onle saw the room we stayed in. It was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnghath
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Chateau des Tourelles from Friday night until Monday morning over the civic holiday weekend. The 'Chateau' was easy to find even with a slight detour due to road construction. We were greeted by the friendly staff who helped us with our bags and got us sorted around with parking (parking is at a neighbouring garage). We had requested a room at the back of the hotel (as per suggestion of some other reviewers), and we were pleasantly surprised when we were given the choice of 2 rooms. We chose room 4, which had a private balcony and was farther away from the common area. The bed was comfy and the room was equipped with a nice quiet air conditioner so we could set the temperature to our comfort level. Breakfast was served by the owners each morning, and was both filling and delicious. The homemade preserves were fabulous. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend the Chateau to couples and families visiting Quebec City.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for six days in June. It was a great location, allowing us to walk easily all around town. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful, giving us ideas of places to see and directions for walking or catching a nearby bus. The food was amazing. We started every day with a lovely breakfast served with a smile. And sometimes the owner's little dog could be coaxed over for a pet during our meal. Our room was very comfortable and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent two nights at the Chateau des Tourelles in room 8. When I got there I was warmly welcomed by Howli (spell?). There were a few rooms open so she showed them to me and let me pick the room I wanted, not bad. She explained the parking garage, a couple of blocks away, but I misunderstood her when she said it’s the garage ACROSS the street from bldg. 34. I was looking for garage 34, don’t make that mistake. After walking the city all night I came back to a warm room and after messing around with the thermostat I figured the AC must be broke so I opened the windows since it was cool outside. Even with the window opened the noise didn’t bother me. The next morning I was talking to William who was preparing breakfast (breakfast is awesome) and mentioned the AC and he walked in the room and grabbed the remote control and turned the AC on. I’ve never managed my AC by remote control and when I saw two remotes together next to the TV and DVD player I just figured that what they were for. Bottom line, great people running this place, very clean and comfortable and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo