“Upgraded to the Loft :)”

Auberge Place D'Armes
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Made a reservation at Auberge Place D'Armes for the superior room in the attic and got upgraded to the Loft! Beautiful room, large comfortable beds, kitchen, the whole nine yards. Very cozy!

Breakfast at Pain Béni was ordinary, was expecting a lot more. But that was the only downside of the stay.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor if you have problem with stairs. No elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleDore, Owner at Auberge Place D'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Bonjour Julie P
Merci for taking time to give us a feedback on your stay.
Thank you for your compliments on our rooms and bathrooms, we tried to take advantage of the 1730 old walls and add modern amenities to give you the feeling of Old Quebec.
I am sorry to read you were not completely satisfied with our complimentary breakfast. As we received many compliments on our breakfast, I would like to ear more from you so we can improve it. Feel free to contact me at mdore@aubergeplacedarmes.com
Your recommendation is a true reward for us, thank you very much! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Michelle et Marc-Antoine Doré

There are newer reviews for Auberge Place D'Armes

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel has a great location in old quebec. Walking distance to all the sites in the city. Charming and comfortable rooms, good service and friendly staff. Breakfast was included at restaurant in hotel and was very good. No parking on site, I recommend using the hotels valet service, it's much easier than trying to find the parking lot.

Bonjour Theresa D
Merci it was a pleasure to read your review about the Auberge. I agree with you the best view of the Chateau is from our rooms! Our location is unique. I am also happy that you enjoyed the confort and the design of your room and the comfort of your bed.
We also try with little plus like chocolate on the pillows, high quality products, next day laundry service, free internet , fridge in the room, nespresso machine to provide a unique stay for our guests and feel l’hospitalité Québécoise ! We are also very proud of our valet service that is so helpful and make it so easier for our guests !
Our best asset is our team, devoted to our guests and their needs. They know and love their city and want to share it with you.
Au plaisir donc de vous vous accueillir à l’Auberge Place d’Armes lors de votre prochain séjour.
Michelle et Marc-Antoine Doré

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel May 18-20 and we were very happy with the staff and hotel location. The hotel is very charming and clean. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in room 20 which is junior suite. I was extremely happy with the espresso machine and coffee in the room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were greeted by a wonderfully warm welcome (which was so nice since it was a bit chilly outside). The boutique-style hotel is adorable, and very well maintained. The location is only steps from the Chateau Frontenac, and is a prime spot for sightseeing. We loved staying here and would highly recommend it for a visit to the Old City.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was an overnight trip with my sister, just for fun. This is a perfect hotel in a perfect location. There was no parking right there, but a parking garage less than 3 blocks away. We were able to drop our bags in front of the hotel, park the car and walk back. When we got there our bags were already in the room. The young man at the front desk could not have been more helpful than he was.

We one bed and a Murphy bed in our room. The Murphy was as comfortable as any hotel bed I've slept in. The room was so clean and the hotel was very quiet so we both got a great night's sleep.

The location is wonderful, too. We were just down the hill from the Funiculaire and easy walking to many shops and restaurants. But who needs other restaurants when you can eat at this hotel? I'll review the restaurant separately, but I will say that breakfast was included in the price of the room, and this was a full, delicious breakfast ordered off the regular menu and included café au lait, my favorite! Highly recommend to anyone visiting the old part of Quebec. Charming hotel and great service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MadisonTravelerLEH
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Old Quebec at Auberge Place D'Armes. We stayed in room 3 and loved the unique character, charm, and outstanding view of the city. Staff members were always kind, helpful, and willing to make suggestions on where to go eat, visit, etc. during our stay. We highly recommend this hotel and specific room for future guests!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I returned to Old Quebec City to celebrate our 28th anniversary. I booked Auberge Place D'Armes through a Snique Away special based upon Trip Advisor reviews. It couldn't have been more perfect. Many of the complaints I saw in previous reviews shouldn't have been complaints if travelers read the hotel web site. We arrived knowing we would have to carry suitcases less than a block, park a block away and walk up stairs. All these were seen as strengths of a quaint small historic hotel.

Our greeting was warm and friendly. Staff quickly gave a run down on the hotel, breakfast and parking. Through out our stay all staff were equally as friendly and helpful.

We were just a stones throw from the river view point and the Frontenac. Dozens of great places to each and things to see, all within an easy walk.

Breakfast was a real highlight. No cheap buffet. You order from the menu with many great choices and all is included in the room rate.

The room was not oversized but quaint with much of the old structure visible. The bed comfortable and all was extra clean. We even arrived to a bottle of champagne chilling on the table. I'm not sure if this is standard or if I might have mentioned that it was our anniversary when I booked. There was no charge on the bill for it!

I would recommend Auberge Place D'Armes for a romantic get away. We loved it!