Auberge Place D'Armes
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$224
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

$237
  • Breakfast included
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
$210
$148
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$213
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$150
$146
$124
$105
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$219
$132
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$402
$356
Agoda.com
1,719 results
All reviewschez julesno elevatorattic roomold quebecperfect locationpedestrian streetbreakfast was includedstone wallsadjoining restaurantflights of stairssmall hotelmurphy bedboutique hotelmodern amenitiesmobility issuesthird floorlower town
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location, opposite the Frontenac in Vieux Quebec. It's within walking distance to many of the sights/attractions & things to do in Quebec City. The staff were all helpful and service was great! Free wireless and breakfast were included in the room price. The room was a little small (standard), but comfy and it had a very cool shower! Their restaurant, Le Pain Beni was excellent. I had a three course meal there and they also cater for dietary requirements (e.g. gluten free). I would definitely recommend this place to friends & family!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bonz_9
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My brother and I just stayed here for 3 nights. It was a great little hotel on Rue St Anne. The staff were very nice and accommodating. They had great choices for breakfast, which was included. The room was small but well-designed and clean. The bed was very comfortable. If you want to stay in Old Quebec City, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David I
MichelleDore, Owner at Auberge Place D'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Bonjour David I
Merci beaucoup for your review on Trip Advisor!
We are delighted that enjoyed so much your stay with us. The entire team of the Auberge Place d’Armes would like to thank you for your wonderful words and taking your time to share them with us.
Our staff are caring people who loves their work, they make THE difference. We and our team put all our heart to make Auberge Place d’Armes a home away from home and let our guest feel l’hospitalité québécoise.

I am glad to read you liked our breakfast. We want all our guests to start the day on a good note, so they can enjoy visiting our so charming city!

Your recommendation gives us wings, thank you very much!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The first impression was very good, but this hotel has lots of stairs and it was rather difficult to bring two big suitcases up to the second floor (to be honest the guy from reception helped with the luggage).

I loved how the room was decorated, especially the chaise longue. The bed was comfy and one could enjoy great view of the Chateau Frontenac. I didn't like to "bathroom" hidden behind curtain - I really prefer when a bathroom is a separated space with door, but somehow it worked as the room itself was kind of old fashion styled.

The breakfast was OK, but nothing special (à la carte). I can recommend very tasty oatmeal with raisins.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank me_not_likey

Bonjour Me_not_likey,

Merci beaucoup for taking the time to share your review of our property, it is appreciated.

Combining 1730 old walls, modern amenities, hand made designer furniture and antiques give each of our rooms their unicity and soul and for your next stay this room will be completely redone keeping the chaise longue and the great view but having a separated bathroom ….. !
As you have noticed, it is our policy to take the luggage to the room and I can assure you: nobody has to do it.
We will be very happy to welcome you again when you return to Québec City!

Au plaisir

Reviewed March 13, 2013

As others have reported ad nauseum, the hotel is in a perfect location, service is great, and the included breakfast is delicious.

I was so looking forward to staying here, but I ended up disappointed with the room I was allocated. If I went again, I would ask for any room other than #11 - it had the exposed brick wall, but it was tiny, and the bathroom was almost unmanageably small, with the distinct smell of mold due to the water from the shower hitting the exposed brick over time. There was no way to get any fresh air into the room either, so the musty, closed-in, moldy smell hit you every time you entered the room.

The couple we travelled with got room #12, which is the one pictured in the main photo here, and it was stunning.

I realize that all of the rooms are different, and that it's a very old building with the quirks that come with that, but seeing the difference between what they got and what we got for the same price left me jealous....and definitely disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for any room except #11
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WhatTheHell1

Bonjour WhatTheHell1
Merci beaucoup for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We want all our guests to feel at home and we would have been happy to work on a solution if you had expressed your preoccupations with the front desk team.
The room has been inspected after reading your comment and the ventilation system repaired. Really sorry about the inconvenience

Should you wish to have a larger room at your next stay, just enquire at booking time; we have different categories of rooms from small to oversize.

The first meal of the day is important and we make sure that our guests starts well their day with excellent coffee and a nice variety of breakfast offerings. Thanks for your nice comments.
En espérant avoir le plaisir de vous accueuillir à nouveau

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I just got back from our 5-day trip in the quaint city of Quebec and we stayed in the auberge from Mar 3. Just like the fantastic reviews below, the place was perfect. We were welcomed by the receptionist who upgraded our room to deluxe/suite (Marie Antoinette chamber) which made us happy because that gave us more space and less stairs to climb up to. There was a little glitch though when we were paying as the receptionist forgot the winter promotion when he was charging us for the new room. The upgrade was free so he calculated it again. He was really apologetic about it.

The room was splendid, right combination of traditional and modernity (especially with the washroom which has a heated floor). Housekeeping was awesome. I brought a piece of my Clinique facial soap and I think the housekeeper thought that's a body soap which was too small so she provided us a bar to my surprise.

They serve a la carte breakfast from 7-11am, so being an early bird or late riser does not matter. I tried different meals every morning (scrambled, pizza, waffle, continental) and they were all good. The servers were really polite and friendly. We did not try their lunch and dinner though as we were always out but every time we came back in the evening, the restaurant was always full. In our last evening, we stayed late and they were kind enough to give our requests. There's no more receptionist at that time (around 1AM) but there was one staff in the kitchen. We did not have microwave in our room so we asked them to warm our food from another restaurant which they graciously did.

It's just half a block away from the tourism office, 2 buildings away from Château Frontenac, and all the tourist sites in the old town.

We would love to go back there in the summer and stay in the Place D'Armes. Given thousands of people visit there in summer, advance booking is really recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour IyaHko,

Thank your for taking time to give us a such detailed feedback .

Your are right the Auberge is a combination of traditional and modernity. The foundations of the Auberge are from 1640 and the walls 1730…. and until 3 years ago it was a wax museum. The Marie-Antoinette suite is so romantic and very very unique! In fact it is the only room in North America that have original panels from the Palace of Versailles. Those gilted panels where in the Marie-Antoinette exhibit in the wax museum and where shipped in Canada in 1922 for the opening of the Musée de Cire ( a branch of the famous Musée Grévin in France) . In our renovations we have them restored and put them back after buying and restoring period furniture to complete the décor! Even the ornements on the 3 drawer chest come from France. A room with character indeed!
All of our team work really hard from maid to night maintenance team but with pleasure, to make sure our guests enjoy every seconds of their stay in Quebec city and feel <l’hospitalité québécoise>.

Thanks for your nice comments on our breakfast, I will pass your comments to our Chef Simon.

Thanks again and au plaisir donc de vous vous accueillir à l’Auberge Place d’Armes lors de votre prochain séjour.