La Maison Sainte-Ursule
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
Great 4.5/5
Maison du General(Quebec City)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marie Rollet(Quebec City)
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsdefinitely stay here againcentral locationold townremotetoiletcloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This little hotel is fabulously located just inside the St. Louis gate and that is its main attraction. It is also clean, there is plenty of hot water, and the staff are friendly. The room decor was a bit weary and our double-bed room was small (the bathroom in particular) but we got to peek into other rooms that seemed more spacious and elegantly presented, available at a higher cost. A word of caution: there is no parking and you need to park in a municipal lot several blocks away so be sure and take everything you need into the hotel before you park. Overall, we had a great time because everything was a short walk away, but in terms of overall value, $235 for two nights including tax seemed quite pricey to us.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room if you can as there seems to be a variety of rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Denise S
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Believe they are in the process of renovation, little by little. Our room had new carpet, wall paper, paint, and furnishings....clean and esthetic, though small, but adequate. Hallways and staires are still in desperate need of repair. The best part is location...can hear horse carriages clopping thru the cobble stone streets from time to time. Many restaurants right around the corners.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank apain_10
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We booked this hostel as the other places were full. After reading the reviews we were a bit scared, but when arriving at the hostel, we were really pleased: The location is excellent, the prices are really OK for Quebec downtown (you pay less than in the shabby youth hostel on the opposite side of the road). The best part of our experience: They even offered as a room with a bathroom for the price of a room without a bathroom (which saved us about 20 dollars) - maybe because we arrived during the low-season.
There is no breakfast, but many little bars in the surroundings offer bagels, croissants and coffee.
Or you can do what we did: We bought our own breakfast and asked the guy at the lobby to borrow some bowls and spoons - what he kindly did! I can thus recommend the room No. 4- very quiet, spacious - you even have a private terrace!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank organicvision
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Needed a room just to sleep in on a Saturday night in late October. Location is good - it's in the upper old city, close to everything. They gave me a parking pass, but I had trouble finding a nearby lot that could accept the pass - I finally found one a few blocks away. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The room was cheaper than a private room at the youth hostel across the street. Tiny, thin old carpeting, clean. Worn comforter, sheets, pillow, and bed okay. No remote for TV. Shared bath was small and basic, but clean and functional. I checked for evidence of bedbugs and found none; still, I hung all my things on the hooks on the walls, put nothing on the bed or floor. No bites. This is a very basic inn, but if you just need a place to sleep for the night for very cheap ($49) inside the upper old city, it works. Safety issue - there is no bolt for the door, just a keyed lock.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank pragmatist1
Reviewed September 23, 2010

It looked like a good bargain with friendly staff in a great location, but nothing makes up for bed bugs.

My wife and daughter slept in one bed and didn't get bitten, but I wasn't so lucky. I woke up with bites all over on my shoulder and foot.

I guess that's what I get for trying a one star hotel. Never again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family