“NO MERCI!”
Review of Le 47e Parallele

Le 47e Parallele
Ranked #350 of 1,499 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the heart of down town Quebec City, facing the ''Grand Theatre'' and next to the Convention center, Le 47e Parallele is a spacious and urban environment where all the different flavours of the world collide. Inspired by around the globe traveling and great culinary discoveries, we invite you and your guest to come with us and explore the planet throughout our elaborate menu. Chef-owner, Joseph Sarrazin put together inspiration, new ideas and hard labour into a creative and innovative menu. Our experienced and devoted waiting staff is led by Sommelier and maitre d'hotel, Benoit Duclos. Our only motivation is to make sure you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had dinner on a tuesday night. This must be the most pretentious place in town! Do NOT question the waiter's recommendations for wine or you will end up looking like a fool! Very expensive for what you get.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This came highly recommended so we decided to go eat lunch there. We were a small group of about 10 people.

The service was good. Not slow, not fast, but at least steady despite it being very busy.

My problem with this restaurant was the price and what ended up in my plate. I had ordered a small salad, that was served to me in a glass. Ok its original but there was hardly any salad in it so hard to call that an appetizer before the main dish finally arrived. Had the chicken skew with rice. Barely 4 small pieces of chicken that tasted nothing at all, and a small, very small portion of rice (I'd be surprised if there was even half a cup of rice in my plate). That's it.

We all finally decided to not take any desserts.

My boss picked up the tab but once we left we were all still VERY hungry. I ended up ordering take out to eat while I worked back in the office and a few others grabbed some snacks at local places to get through their day.

Never again will I eat there.
They are many restaurants well worth the detour, this is to avoid!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is always my favorite. The "tour du monde" menu is always a perfect adventure of pure pleasure.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We arrived early for our 7 pm reservations and were seated outdoors. We were two couples, and we proceeded to have drinks while waiting for our table. At 7 pm the host came over to tell us that our table was ready. Beautiful location looking at a stunning salt water fish tank behind us. We all ordered 3 or 4 course dinners, and all of us were very pleasantly surprised. The dishes were very creative, stunningly presented, and very delicious. From appetizer to dessert this was truly a meal to savor. There truly are some very talented chefs working in this kitchen. All dishes were fully explained in detail as they were laid down on the table. It would require several pages for me to describe some of the dishes that were eaten, so I won't go into detail. I will just say that this was a dinner to remember. All three hours of it. We will return.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went here on our first night of a three day visit. It was walkable from our hotel (Cap Diamant near Ch Frontenac). We had reservations and were led to a nice window table off in a corner, although the view was minimal in this business neighborhood. The English menu didn't explain the concept but we had one French menu to guide us. They have two set menus that change frequently and are a good value, providing a pretty good meal for around $50. As usual in Canada, wine is outrageously expensive so a half bottle of decent wine costs anther $50 by the time taxes and tips are added. Thus, we spent a a bit over $100 per person.