“Age old charm”
Review of Hotel Sainte-Anne

Hotel Sainte-Anne
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This property is excellent. Centuries old charm with modern conveniences. It has been redone very nicely and leaving lots of old style brickwork and timbers. The staff we had contact with were the Best! We had such a great stay this Christmas we plan to return this summer when things are warmer. This building is like 300 years old I think and being in the presents of all that history is very intriguing! The bathroom is to die for!! Beautiful!! The streets are narrow and mostly one way and parking is a block away but remember this town was built when cars had four legs and ran on hay. No biggie because once you get settled you are going to want to walk and take in all the shops and sites as this place is right in walking distance from everything. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: pay the extra 10 or 20 bucks and upgrade a notch, well worth it. Yes it is!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mauger2

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at St-Ann's, after returning to QC. The hotel is in a fantastic location in Old Quebec, the staff are very friendly and helpful and breakfast is included! The rooms are spacious and modern and the price is reasonable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank anaussiegoesworldly
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Quebec city is lovely at Christmas time and this hotel's selling point was the location in the heart of Old Quebec. The room was small but very cute. We had problems with the tv but our darling hostess worked really hard to fix the situation and eventually we got a new tv. Parking is an issue as you have to park in a garage a block or so away. Fortunately they have a storage area that is locked so we were able to store our skiis there. Breakfast is adequate and I would like to have seen more variety in their continental breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very cordial and kind hotel staff who were very willing to speak English or help me with my French. The location cannot be beat. It is directly across a small plaza from the Frontenac and steps away from the funicular. Since I went off season, the room was very well-priced. Sure, the place could use a bit of updating and it was a bit dimly lit, but it was what I expected for a small hotel. The water in the shower is very hot and the croissants for breakfast were delicious. The only downside is no fault of the hotel, but since I was there not during tourist season, many of the restaurants in the area were either closed or closed early. I enjoyed seeing QC more from the viewpoint of the people who live there year-round rather than tourists lounging around terraces.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have a very nice view of Trinity Church and the Chateau Frontenac.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel is right in the old part of Quebec; if you arrive by taxi, some drivers might chance to drive the half block on the cobblestone, but be prepared to disembark early and pull your suitcase for just a short distance. The size of the rooms is adequate, and after moving the big chair around, we made enough space for a yoga mat. The Inn doesn't have any exercise facilities, but walking up and around the stairs or joining the brave runners on the icy roads, might just be the alternative. We were staying at the Inn November 30th to December 5th, a good deal price- wise. Sunday night was the more expensive night, but the other nights were at a starting rate of $109 not including the taxes. For five days,I was willing to live out of my suitcase for the better part of it. There is some closet space, but don't expect large drawers. I liked the firm bed, and the brick wall, rough and rustic, was a nice accent. I was pleased that the hotel was quiet and only at the time when other guests left their rooms would we hear them in the hallway.
I hadn't expected a breakfast so was happy to find yoghurt and two types of croissants, juices and coffee included with the stay.The restaurant- mentioned in other reviews- no longer is in operation. Staff are working very hard to make your stay pleasant and help you in any way they can, and if they can't answer your questions, the tourist information is just a few houses down the street.
The television was relatively small, but adequate. I am not too crazy about the locked windows, we could open the inner window to let in some cold air. I had a quick glance at the escape plans, just to know my bearings. Our room looked out on the street and the church across. We were able to store our baggage on our last day and pick it up when we needed it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Astrid E
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Hotel Sainte-Anne in Old Quebec City is a lovely, charming and comfortable hotel to stay in if you are looking for something more authentic. The upgraded "superior queen" room features a brick wall, truly making the room feel more historic.

It is clean and the service was wonderful. The beds are not plush and luscious, but comfy and perfectly alright for a couple nights. We stayed in November 2013 when they are in a quieter season. Lots of fun pubs and places to explore all around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheri C
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Overall it was a good stay. Room was clean except for a smell that was coming from the sink drain. Tv in our room was very small but nice beds, a little firm but I don't mind a firm bed. Nice bathroom with large shower and didn't hear much noise from hallway or other rooms. Was disappointed in the so called Deluxe Continental Breakfast. All they had was coffee, oranges, croissants and fruit loops for cereal. My family owns an Inn in New Brunswick and we advertise a continental breakfast not a Deluxe one. We Offer 7 kinds of bagels, 6 kinds of toast, 4 kinds of muffins, 6 kinds of cereal, 5 kinds of oatmeal, fruit cocktail, coffee, 4 kinds of tea. at a price of half of what we paid at this Inn. Overall not a bad stay though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends