Complexe Capitale Helicoptere
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Yes, yes, yes! Awesome experience

I have never been on a helicopter ride so my wife and I decided to try one for our 10th anniversary... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2018
gefilte63
Beachwood, Ohio
Helicopter tour = amazing!

We were hesitant to sign up for this helicopter tour but decided to give it a try. The facility... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2017
jmelo4pres
Ontario

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

On a clear day we went on the 30 minute ride over Quebec City, with river and landscapes to include waterfall and island views. First off, the ride was only a 23 minute flight for six of us. So the company more than made enough money from six paying customers and then they slightest us nearly 25% of our flight time as stated on their website. Secondly we were so high and the pilot didn't hover over any landmarks that Quebec is known for.

We have been on many helicopter rides all over the world. This trip, by far, was the worst ride we went on. It was definitely not worth the high cost of the ride. Very disappointing.

Date of experience: September 2016
ComplexeCH, Public Relations Manager at Complexe Capitale Helicoptere, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It allows us to explains that the 30 minutes flight time refers to the time aboard the helicopter from the moment the motor starts, as stated by Transport Canada rules and not to the “air time” which would refer to the time spent in the air, which is usually around 25 minutes. However, the pilot has to wait for the airport control tower to give the authorisation to take off, which might takes couple minutes and which is regulated by NAV CANADA and out of our control. We are sure you can understand why we could not take off without said authorisation. It is a matter or safety and regulations.

Another Transport Canada rule states that we are now allowed to fly at an altitude lower than 1,000 feet. Per our experience, this altitude still allows passenger to take great pictures and appreciate what Quebec City has to offer. We are following a specific route which doesn’t really allow the pilot to “hover” above specific attractions, but we do fly above them all, as we advertise.

We are sorry your experience wasn’t up to your expectations, but we have to follow the regulations in place.

The GoHelico Team

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Decided to do something we had never done on our 40th. This was an excursion recommended by the cruise line we were on. We live in Montreal, and my husband had lived in Quebec City....so needed something new. Hubby scared of heights, but we went for it and weren't sorry for a moment! A totally new perspective on the city, and a delightful unique experience! Very professional and safety conscious company. Great time.....the old folks still willing to try something new!!

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank 817pennyh
Reviewed December 14, 2015

I got this ride, 30 minutes over Quebe city, as a surprise gift.... Almost died when I found out, 10 minutes before take off. We were very well attended by the receptionnist. This place is used for parties and events, because it is beautiful. We did not have a chance to look around because they were getting ready for an event.
Pilots are very young but professionals. It was wonderful seing my hometown this way, and the day was perfect: just a bit of clouds, sight was very far away. The ride was smooth, it felt like I was in a glass bubble, .... wow.
You go about 1200 feet, it doesn't really feel this high.
I recommend this ride, it is safe and fun !

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Andrée G
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Neither my 9 year old daughter, nor I, had ever flown in a helicopter. I have taken a number of trips in small airplanes (2 to 12 passengers), but never a helicopter. But we were looking for a bit of adventure, so we decided to take a helicopter ride over Quebec City and Montmorency Falls. After a little research, we decided to book our flight with Complexe Capitale Helicoptere, and crossed our fingers. I have to admit I was a little nervous, but upon arrival at their business location, I was immediately put at ease. This is a thoroughly professional operation! 5 star, plus!! In addition to offering tourist flights, they also operate a helicopter pilot school and a helicopter leasing business. Everything is slick, shiny and clean. Our flight was preceded by a safety video. Our pilot, although young, was excellent. He was both a highly trained pilot and a good tour guide. The flight itself was a wonderful experience that my daughter and I shall never forget. Not scary in the least. When friends ask my daughter how she enjoyed her trip to Quebec City, the helicopter ride is always the highlight.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed September 4, 2015

My husband and I booked the half hour tour of Quebec City and its waterways, and it provided an amazing vista! We were picked up outside the main tourist information center near the Chateau Frontenac in a well marked (and free) "GoHelico" shuttle van. (The company's website only mentioned the free shuttle running during its first summer of 2014, but I emailed them and had an immediate response that noted the shuttle is, indeed, still available.) The Helicopter Complex is situated next to the main airport, and a taxi ride there costs just under $35, so it was nice to have that included in the price of the flight. As well, our driver was willing to take us back whenever we were ready to leave (to allow us time to use the flight simulator or to shop at the complex if we wanted), and he was happy to drop us at the pick up point or right back at our hotel. Our driver also provided some "tour" information about the city as we drove, and that was appreciated.

We would highly recommend paying the little extra for the half hour tour vs. the 15 minute one since even half an hour went by far too quickly! Such great scenery to enjoy -- in particular Montmorency Falls which we had just visited that morning! Great to see it from so many different perspectives.

We were in a six-person helicopter, so there was the pilot, one other couple, and us. Our pilot, Anthony, provided some commentary about the sites in both French and English, but I was very glad we had seen the diorama presentation at the Musee du Fort prior to our flight because it provided great historical information about the area that added to the enjoyment of our tour.

While I would recommend this experience to travelers, I would also offer these suggestions for improvement to the GoHelico company: 1. provide a map for passengers with important sites marked and provide some more historical notes re: significant battles on the waterways and plains.
2. MOST IMPORTANT! Improve the booking system: I tried to book online without success, and when I sent an email, I was told they were having issues because people were not inputting phone numbers correctly, but I was still unable to complete the transaction online. Simply providing an example of how phone and credit card numbers should be given would correct this issue, and I believe they were working on adding this information. Unfortunately, even though we ended up booking our tours by phone and the shuttle driver came to pick us up as we expected, once we arrived at the complex, there was no record of our booking. We were quickly accommodated, but it was a bit unnerving to have so many issues with simply trying to provide them with business. GoHelico does have a counter in the main Tourist Information office near the Chateau Frontenac, and it may be that the shuttle was sent for us only because we had gone to that counter to confirm where our pick up would be. We would have been VERY disappointed if we had not been able to make the flight, so were glad all worked out.

Date of experience: September 2015