“Delicious and affordable”

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious and affordable”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had read so many good reviews about this place, we had to eat there. As the other reviewers said, it is a very small place, easy to miss. There is no place to sit. But still it is so worth it. The owners were friendly and explained all the food options. We got the falafel which was very tasty. And considering the quantity it was not at all pricey. We enjoy such small eating places while sight seeing where we can just grab a bite on the go. Kudos to this little place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Katy D

Berlin, Germany
“Most Overrated Place in Quebec! :) OK food at best...”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

After reading the amazing reviews on here I walked the 20minutes up hill in the freezing cold weather to see what it was all about.

I was greatly disappointed… So here is my realistic reviews of the place - hope it may save you some time :) I will say now that I am very biased perhaps - I am used to the high quality / cheap Lebanese Shawarmas and meat pies found in Ottawa and Montreal.

Pro: Fresh made pita dough - was a nice touch - I have never seen that before

Cons: Very little meat - consists of an ice cream scoop (literally) of hamburger type meat. Toppings simple, only: lettuce, tomato, black olives, hot peppers.

Disliked the mayonaissey low-quality sauces that they poured from Ketchup type squeeze bottles. The fresh ones I am used to (hummus and chunky garlic with real garlic) are too thick to be squeezed out like this!

Pro: Friendly staff - although I would be friendly too if…

… (Con) I was charging almost $20 ($18.xx) for 2 Pitas with a little bit of meat and some lettuce on them. No drinks.. no potatoes with garlic (like with many lebanese combos).

Pro: Tasty - the warm pita with melted cheese has a nice flavour I would rate it a 7/10

Bottomline: Not bad to try but honestly I don't get all the raving reviews - I guess the other reviewers have never had a good garlic shawarma with pickled turnips or a nice Meet & cheese pita for only $2.50…

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Schlampah
Regina, Canada
“Amazingly yummy!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Wow, this place is awesome! I couldn't believe it once we ordered (1 chicken & 1 lamb pita) that the owner took out the uncooked dough and cooked the pita right in front of us. Fresh and tasty! Great value at just under $8/each. No room to eat in as it's just a counter where you order so plan to take it back to your hotel as we did. A short walk from inside the walls of Old Quebec City. Very much worth the walk.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Shaun A
Quebec City, Canada
“GO THERE”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had read good reviews about this place and decided to give it a try. It was smaller than we pictured, but more importantly 100x more tasty.

All of the ingredients are clearly fresh and tasted great together, I had the la libanaise with every type of salad and their special sauce. There's not really an option to sit down anywhere in there as there just isn't room, but wandering through Quebec with the freshly cooked gallette was a very nice experience.
For the price I can't recommend it enough, and I wouldn't have cheated had I paid considerably more.
I am going back soon, I recommend you do the same!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Josh N
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Good, if you can find it”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We heard all the good reviews and decided to try it ourselves. It's a little hard to find, especially in winter. We first went to the wrong lebanese restaurant a little down the street. Then we went to a building that said "641" but it had no signage. We were about to give up and then noticed this small white tent which was the place. So for reference: it's McDonalds, the blank 641 building and then this place. They make the pita fresh as you walk in and explain all the toppings. While they don't have any tables, you can go two stores down to another restaurant and eat there as long you busy a drink, which worked really well.

Visited February 2014