“Cozy and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Talea Bistro Urbain - CLOSED

Talea Bistro Urbain
Cuisines: American, Canadian, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Cozy and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friend and I were nicely greeted in this bistro and loved our experience. We shared the Talea Planche which had several meats, salmon and cheeses on a salad with a side of roasted potatoes (41$ for 2). The whole plate was covered with molecular beads with different flavors; interesting but not very tasty or exciting. Even though the home made bread was good, we would have preferred a variety of breads/crackers. Friendly service and great atmosphere.

2 Thank FerrMasli

Ottawa, Canada
“Tasty and unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hubby and I were walking up the street looking for any place to stop for food, and the maître d' standing outside this place enticed us to try some "authentic" Quebecois food (we later found out he's the owner). We both had the pulled pork sandwich, which was delicious - which is saying something for me because I'm not usually a fan of the pulled pork, it's often too salty for me.

The presentation was neat. Everything was served on these wooden boards, they looked like old school cutting boards. There were tiny jars of what looked like homemade pickles, also very tasty. The décor was very rustic and the service very good and helpful. And they have a cute idea of having customers sign a guest book when they receive their bill.

Needless to say, I'd go back again.

2 Thank Caroline S
Park Rapids, Minnesota
“Reviews were correct”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This restaurant, which is an easy walk from Old Quebec, lived up to its Trip Advisor reviews. It was a rainy, chilly evening and we were seated next to a warming fireplace. My daughter had the lobster roll which came with a great apple/celery/pecan salad, and I had the pulled pork sandwich which was recommended by a previous reviewer. Both came with tasty fries. There was a good wine selection, and you can get 1/4 ltr, 1/2 ltr, etc of wine. it's nice to have a choice besides a glass or a bottle. Look for the fun 'Popeye' art work on the way to the restrooms.

3 Thank Retired6812
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent, creative meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We came here for lunch on our last trip to QC, so this time we decided to try it for supper. We were not disappointed. Hubby and I both chose the "Chef board", which was a piece of slate covered in an array of amazing taste sensations: sliced chorizo, prosciutto, salmon rillettes, pickle "pearls", mustard "pearls", cider "pearls", chutney, cretons, mesclun, RIopelle and other local cheese, and of course the delicious Talea homemade fries. I just loved every bite of my meal. There is a real focus on terroir in this restaurant, and it's excellent. The "boards" are sort of like the most upscale Ploughman's Lunch you could ever have.

For dessert I had a chocolate mousse cake that was so worth the calories. Hubby had a tasty blueberry mousse cake that was also delish.

I very much enjoy the atmosphere in this restaurant, with the warm decor and nice lighting.

I did find the service to be a bit slow on this Saturday night; the waiter seemed a bit rushed off his feet (there only seemed to be one waiter on staff plus the bartender), but he was very friendly and obviously working hard. We were in no rush and enjoyed our meal so much that the leisurely pace really wasn't a problem.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Talea. The food is fresh and inventive. Try it, you'll like it!

3 Thank caberwife
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
“wonderful for budget lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Located in a great street with a lot of nice restaurants.
If you want to eat lunch in a nice one, Talea provides $10 lunch express.
I thought it won't be very delicious, but I am wrong. The lunch tastes so so good! Especially the onion soup! Highly recommond!
Also, the decoration is well designed, nice atmosphere!

Visited April 2013