“Authentic Italian food”

Il Matto
Ranked #19 of 1,442 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For a successful evening out, Hôtel 71’s restaurant Il Matto presents its distinguished guests with the finest of authentic Italian cuisine, brimming with comfort foods. Its trendy decor and festive ambience are also sure to please. A Matto signature experience is always a resounding success. Give true meaning to your visit here in the Old Capital.
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Authentic Italian food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Eating at Il Matto brought back very fond memories of our trip to Italy. The food was absolutely amazing so much so that you could close your eyes and think you were in Italy. The pappardelle was recommended and was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us as we insisted on sharing it. Our server was delightful offering to make suggestions which we gladly received. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who respects and savours Italian food.

• Visited July 2014

“Best meal on our trip to Quebec”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited for 4 days and tried many different places and this was by far the best meal and had the best service on our trip. We highly recommend dinner. My wife had the pasta with lobster and I had the lasagna and both were great. The caprese salad was a great start. But it might have been the wait staff that was most notable. It was a busy Saturday night and all the tables were full but they were attentive and quick to refill a glass and answer any questions. Such great service seemed rare in Quebec but they were outstanding here at Matto.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kladow
Moncton
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had a 3 course dinner with my wife there tonight. It all started when the Minestrone soup came. It was delicious!!! The the Parmiggiano based Carbonara pasta. Yummy! And then the Tiramisu! Great finisher! The only thing I regret is that I was driving and I couldn't enjoy a glad of wine from their extensive selection. Almost all the tables in the venue had at least one bottle of wine.
I have to mention that I was at the other location they have in Quebec City, the one on Myrand Avenue, but I can't imagine the one in the old city being any less!

Definitely recommended for the foodies!

Cincinnati
“Great meal”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wonderful restaurant. Enjoyed the food and the service was friendly and helpful .very nice experience !

1 Thank Susan L
Boston, MA
“A great Italian restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had dinner one night and returned later in the week for drinks and dessert, and both times we really enjoyed Il Matto. Our waiter for dinner was funny and helpful, and he gave us great advice about food and drink options. The papardelle with mushrooms was amazing -- a house specialty for a very good reason. My husband had salmon that was cooked perfectly (he asked for it to be cooked through and they honored that request without drying it out) with a lovely pesto crust and delicious side items. When we had dessert two nights later, we loved the beignets with Nutella sauce -- amazing but definitely best to share. A great hotel restaurant that is much more than your typical hotel restaurant.

Visited June 2014