“Pseudoromantisch”

Auberge Michel Doyon
Ranked #58 of 119 Quebec City B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I can't speak on behalf of the entire hotel because the room we stayed in was in a house separate from the main hotel, so I will share my personal experience. Right from the get-go, we felt cold and unwelcomed. We didn't feel like guests, but rather like dollar signs. (It seemed they just wanted our money, which they collected before we even saw the room - most places ask you to pay when you check out, and now I know why they asked us to pay first). I'm stumped as to how they can call this a hotel because we stayed in an old house that was in dyer need of renovation and cleaning. I've honestly stayed in nicer hostels and backpackers. They should call this what it is - a hostel, not a bed and breakfast/hotel. The shared bathroom hadn't been cleaned when we checked in and there was no hand soap in the bathroom which was dirty. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and rang for ages, and there was constant noise from people in the house which kept us awake. The basement of the house looked like it was rented out to tenants. On the plus side, the man who was cleaning the house when we arrived was friendly, and breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were extremely happy with this hotel & are very likely to return again. We were greeted by a very friendly gentleman (I think he said he was from Cameroon, not sure), but was very friendly & helpful with directions & information. We had 3 rooms all in the same building on the ground floor with a little sitting area in the foyer which served us very well to enjoy a drink & plan our day.
Thanks again, everything was great.

Room Tip: If you are several people or couples, ask to be put in the same block, on a ground floor so you will...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I took a 2-week road trip to Canada to visit a friend, and to see Quebec City. At the last minute, we needed to book a hotel as the hotel we wound up in was too expensive. I had seen the term "auberge" used in Quebec before, and I thought it was a hostel. Boy, was I wrong.

When I saw the price of Auberge Michel Doyon on booking.com, I could not believe my eyes. For $45.00, I didn't expect anything. Just a room to sleep in. Instead, I got a fantastic hotel stay for barely nothing.

This hotel is centrally located if you have a car, and only 2.5 miles from town if you don't. The rooms are very clean, and have a TV, refrigerator and microwave. My room also had a very clean private bathroom. And, the neighborhood is adorable. There are 2 or 3 cafes, a boulangerie where we brought fresh bread and coffee every morning for under $10.00, two pharmacies, and a grocery.

Every time we had a question about where to go, Serge was helpful and accomodating. Finally, the petit dejeuner was in a very clean cafeteria-style room and had everything you needed for a decent breakfast: cereals, breads, jams, juice and coffee. I recommend this adorable b and b to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, laid-back and homey atmosphere to vacation in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

we stayed for 3 nights at the auberge michel doyon, our first thought its location near the old town Quebec but in fact quite far. about 30-45 minutes. and that too depends on the buses. and the buses are not available every 10 minutes as what they said, I think more than 15 minutes. The cleanliness of the room quite well, one thing I like, there was microwave in the room, so we can heat up our food. but one thing that we did not like was the shower temperature, its change rapidly. sometimes cold sometimes hot. and it makes me shocked while showering. sucks!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank N4th4ly4
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We spent $80/night to stay here. We reviewed their website before going so we knew what we were getting into. This place is exactly as advertised, which makes it a great value for your money.

This B&B is not luxurios, but very nice. The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. Parking was not an issue despite what other reviews say, we were their on Labourday weekend and even arrived late.

Breakfast was not glamourous, again, it was exacly like advertised on the menu on the website. The food was fresh.

Location is adequate, $10 cab ride to old Quebec, about 5 min, or a 10 min bus ride for half the cost. There are also a few great places to eat just up the road about 3 min away.

• Stayed September 2011
US, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

1. We booked a 2 beds room more than 1 month earlier, and gave me a one bed room at arrival, eventually changed to a 1 double size bed + single size bed room, charged $176/night in steady of $127/night as promised on the web.
2. None made bed, cleaned the room, and changed towels when we stayed there two days
3. Toilet flushing system did not function, the bar for handing towels was almost broken already, we had to ask the hotel to repair, and worked to about 10 pm at night.
4. Very small room, limited parking space.
5. The receipt was impolite, left the room without said a word and let me waiting there for more than 15 min, looks don’t like English speaker.
6. Have to pay internet fee
7. Only one thing is right in the ads, bus is very convenient.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
sjdoyon, Owner at Auberge Michel Doyon, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I have looked among our customers of August and found no customer with a Tim first name or last name. I found no customer who rented a room with one double bed and one single bed that paid $176 per night. I found no customer that was in our hotel for two nights and who claimed that the room had not been made. I found no customer who reserved through Booking.com and reserved for a room with two beds. However, if this person stayed at our hotel and had such a bad experience, we will be glad to provide a full refund for their stay, as per the Guarantee of satisfaction that is posted on our web site.

Travelers are raving about these Quebec City hotels