We booked this hotel because we had some reward points to cash in that covered two of our three nights. I had wanted to stay inside the old town, but as it turns out we couldn't have chosen a better hotel or location for our family of four. Located on Place d'Youville, just outside the city walls, the hotel allows you to access Rue St John without being right in the middle of the city. For us, this was a major benefit because the city was packed this week. There were thousands of people everywhere, and while it wasn't a problem for us during the day, we enjoyed being able to get away from it to the relative calm of Place d'Youville.
We travel a lot on both business and leisure and generally stay in 4 star hotels. This property was lovely, and really quite up-market for a Courtyard, I think. The lobby is charming, evoking the feel of old Quebec but the rooms are modern, well maintained, and impeccably clean. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well which was really appreciated this week - it was sooo hot in the City! We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and it was good. The buffet was typical and I think it cost us about $15 per person but everything was hot and well prepared.
But like what others have said in their reviews, what really makes this hotel is the staff. Without exception, every single staff member from the moment we arrived until check-out was incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a couple of odd requests, including finding an optometrist who could have my husbands glasses repaired, and scaring up a maintenance person late at night to open our adjoining room door when we managed to lock ourselves out of one of the rooms (long story)! The concierge had great restaurant recommendations and told us where best to view the Image Mill.
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is spending time in QC for a short family vacation, as we did, and we'll definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing easy access to Jean-Lesage International Airport, Québec City Marriott Downtown offers business travelers and vacationers an elegant, sophisticated spot from which to explore Old Quebec. Conveniently located near Québec City Convention Centre and the historic Citadelle of Québec, our upscale hotel offers spacious rooms and thoughtful amenities in abundance. Get a good night's sleep inspired by our luxury bedding, then begin your day by taking care of your work obligations using our ergonomic workstations and high-speed Wi-Fi, or by visiting our full-service business center. Have breakfast in bed thanks to our room service, or head down to the lobby to have delicious French cuisine at our on-site restaurant, Que Sera Sera. If you're hosting a meeting or celebration soon, reserve one of our six event spaces with AV equipment, an on-site culinary team and expert event planners. Begin making marvelous memories when you book your stay at Québec City Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quebec City Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Quebec City Downtown Hotel Quebec City
- Marriott Quebec City
- Quebec City Marriott Downtown
- Quebec City Courtyard