“Can't beat it”

Quebec City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed March 26, 2014

It was my first time in Quebec City. So i didn't know what to expect or how far i would have to travel to see the sights. This hotel is in the middle of it all. Didn't take one taxi and it was winter!

The rooms felt brand new. The gym was really impressive for a hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
J L, General Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. We are happy that you have both enjoyed so much our city and our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great hotel in a perfect location for all Quebec City has to offer.

The location could not be better, 10 minute or less walk to all the major sights in beautiful Quebec City and a ton of nearby restaurants. Hotel has a more boutique feel than a big scale Marriott with nicely appointed very clean rooms. Staff is super friendly, especially front desk. I would stay here again without question.

Only negative .. wifi is about $15 for 24 hrs with taxes, hotels that charge for it drive me crazy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. We look forward to welcome you back and exceed your expectation once again. Please note that we will have a tiered-up internet plan very soon at a reduced price.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean spacious room, had a beer in the bar $10 with the tip, parking is also extra had to park down the street.
But all in all very well situated near old Quebec next to the outdoor skating rink

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Glen C
Roselyn F, Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed our two night stay here. It's a great location, within walking distance of museums, attractions and great restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and the room size was adequate. We did not pay for breakfast as there are many other local choices nearby. They offer valet parking for a fee but we used the garage next door since we didnt use the car much. There is a metro grocery store within walking distance, if interested. We chose the hotel because we wanted to be loyal to marriott and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oneblue
Jacques L, General Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. Thank you also for being loyal customers of Marriott. Look forward to welcome you back and exceed your expectation once again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our second stay here. The first time, the property was under construction, so this time was better because everything was updated. The front desk personnel are very friendly and eager to please. Same with the restaurant staff. We had breakfast here and it was so-so. Oatmeal was kind of glommy and eggs benedict were nothing special. I was disappointed to have to pay $12.95 per day for internet access. Also I asked advice from Xavier at the concierge on restaurants and I was not pleased with either recommendation. I wanted a nice Sushi Restaurant for lunch and he sent me to Yozu which is more like a McDonald's for Sushi....no ambiance and not very good food. He also sent us to Feu Sacre steakhouse and we did not like the hostess or the menu, so we left. On the plus side, the fitness center is updated and very nice, plus the location right outside the gates to the city is excellent. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OutdoorsyMaineGirl
Roselyn F, Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Good day,
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Being a frequent business traveler and not a huge fan of Marriott brand altogether (but a gold elite member) I'd have to say I was overall impressed with this hotel. Much smaller than most Marriott's I'm used to. This seems to allow the staff to be much more attentive and friendly than my previous experiences. Rooms are standard marriott quality. Great location just a short walk to most of old Quebec City. Decent little bar and restaurant as well. I'd recommend if the price is right. - better than the hilton across the street. No complaints here whatsoever for a short stay business traveler.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank concordia7

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Quebec City Downtown. We have appreciated your comment especially because it is fair and along the line that we might be a small Marriott in size but we think big. We look forward to welcome you back and exceed your expectation once again.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed 5 nights, 6 - 11 Feb 2014. We were with one other couple. The reception was adequate. The clerks were friendly and typically accommodating. Our room was clean and the typical but only average amenities were present. The heater was very loud. The view was of a large nautilus fitness center.
The service in the restaurant was fair. Food was very overpriced and somewhat below average. The concierge lounge was poorly staffed and food and beverage was scarse. I had to get plates, napkins and flatware from downstairs and was treated very rudely by one of the waitresses. I witnessed a young patron ask the same waitress for water and she only shook her head no!
Loading and unloading was very inadequate. The area was icy and unclear.
I strongly suggest avoiding this hotel until and if ever they improve. Chose a Canadian hotel nearby and enjoy the professional courtesy and pampering.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank The1SGT
Roselyn F, Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. While an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend with all sincerity, I certainly empathize regarding the point (s) your mention in your review.This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party.
Again, please accept my apology.