“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent hotel with helpful friendly staff. Room was clean and quiet and morning breakfast was good and sufficient. Position ideal for easy walk into town for bars,resturants and shops.
As English Man driving abroad it was difficult to find in the Friday rush hour but arrived ok and parked in car park opposite (pay and get tickets from the hotel when you check in).
Would recommend this hotel and if back in Quebec would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great access to train stationand old town quebec. Our room was large, beautiful and comfortable, and we really enjoyed the breakfast delivered to our door each morning to be eaten on our own schedule.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank RA1920
Palisades Park, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited after last Christmas and loved the time we spent in Quebec City. Hotel has cheap parking available and the concierge was very helpful in directing us where to visit and how to Rome around efficiently. Also made a reservation to a restaurant we really wanted to go and the table seemed like the best once in the place right next to the fire place. Great hotel, great stay over all! P.s. Free wifi!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for out first visit to Quebec City. There we're 3 of us and the room was a bit tight for 3. Beds were nice. Room was clean however it had very little light as the window faced another building. Breakfast was nice to have, but I would trade out one of the breads for more fruit. Good location for restaurants and antique shops. Front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We loved this hotel. It was a great location for everything we wanted to do. We had the Presidential Suite and it was beautiful and comfortable and a reasonable value for all we got. The front desk staff was wonderful and it was so great to get wonderful pasteries and yogurt every morning for breakfast. They thought of everything I could want in hotel (except for a fitness room but walking the hills and biking took care of that!!) I could not have asked for anything more from a hotel. It was fabulous.

Room Tip: Get the Presidential Suite. You will not be disappointed.
SLIPPERY ROCK
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent Hotel! Very clean and lovely rooms! A breakfast box is delivered each morning to you room. What a nice touch! The hotel is located across the street from a market with a variety of cheeses and foods. There is a wonderful restaurant on the next block and several down located near the restaurant. If visiting Quebec City, I will only stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 27, 2014

OK, I just got home from my trip. I should be unpacking, doing laundry, opening mail, etc., but I'm so excited about this hotel that I needed to write about it right away. What an amazing boutique hotel! I couldn't be happier with my experience there. We stayed for three glorious nights...I'm already trying to figure out when we will be able to return. The room was absolutely charming. We had the basic queen deluxe room. LOVED the brick wall! The room was spacious enough to be quite comfortable. If you need more square footage, there are several levels up. BUT, our room had everything we could ever need (couch, chair, hair dryer, ironing board, umbrella, plenty of drawers, make-up mirror, etc.) and we never felt like we were tripping over each other. It was compact and efficient. The decor was lovely and everything was very clean! The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful (the shower pressure was even good - something that I'm rarely satisfied with in older buildings). The staff was outstanding...very friendly, enthusiastic, and willing to help with suggestions. We also very much enjoyed having the breakfast bag delivered to the room each morning. I was concerned about this because I'm usually "ready to go" in the morning and didn't want to wait around. It was always there and waiting for me...even on the morning that I awoke at 6:00. PLUS, it was delicious!...a different combo of three treats (flaky croissants, yogurt, cheese, muffins, applesauce, etc.) for each of us each day...way more than I needed, but I indulged anyway...knowing that I'd work it off running around the city all day. This was my sixth trip to Quebec City. In my younger days, I stayed once at the youth hostel, then once at the Concord, then three times at the Frontenac. I enjoyed my stays at each place. But, understandably, because of their size, the Concord and Frontenac take in a lot of tour groups (which sometimes can be loud). That's why I decided to look for a more intimate accommodation this time around. I couldn't be happier...good value, a modern yet historic room...and staff who truly seemed to care that we had a pleasant experience. It was my best trip to Quebec yet! Thank you Hotel des Coutellier!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place. I had asked for a room with a brick wall, an...