This well-maintained little boutique hotel features quaint rooms that are kept scrupulously clean. Beds are comfortable, the WIFI works really well, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Overall, a comfortable place to stay. My room faced St-Paul, which has a bit of traffic. The historical features of the building include windows that do not close perfectly so one can hear traffic noise. However, shutters keep out the cold. TV reception is good; bathroom clean and functional with an excellent array of toiletries. The hotel features an elevator so one can easily access the top floors with luggage. Rooms include a mini-bar fridge that can be used to store a few things. This is practical if you want to keep things from the breakfast basket.
Those who want protein for breakfast should plan ahead or eat out. However, where continental breakfasts go, the content of the basket was nice. Aside from butter and jam, included in both baskets, the first breakfast basket contained yogurt, juice, a scone and a pastry. The second one contained applesauce, a chocolate pastry, a chocolate chip muffin, and juice. The second contained too many simple carbs for me so I ended up saving it to eat throughout the day. The items were good, though. I discovered a supermarket not far from the hotel where I was able to purchase small quantities of cheese and other items. My husband would have been fine with lots of sugar for breakfast so it's just a matter of planning. I also did not ask for any special considerations and understand that the hotel staff has been very solicitous of special requests when they can honor them (gluten-free products, for example).
Some people mentioned that one has to make coffee and that there was not a lot of it. I agree - and the single container of cream in the basket did not cheer me. Then I discovered fresh coffee and all the fixings available in the lobby. There is also tea and fruit there later in the day. This is a very nice touch - although I would have liked to have known about it before I got dressed to go out and hunt for coffee the first morning I was there. Other than this minor point, I really liked this little hotel and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Quebec, in the heart of Old Quebec City, Hotel des Coutellier is one of the nicest and charming Old Port Inn. For a romantic weekend getaway, a hotel meeting, honeymoon or family vacations, one of our hotel package will fulfill your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel des Coutellier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Coutellier Hotel
- Des Coutellier Quebec City
- Hotel Des Coutellier Quebec/Quebec City