We had a great stay at this boutique hotel, located in the historic Lower Town of Quebec City. Located an easy stroll from the Via Rail station, and around 15 minutes uphill (or save the legs and catch the funicular !! ) to Upper Old Town and the spectacular Chateau Frontenac.
The breakfast bags were a novel touch, but for Aussies used to more savoury breakfasts, the croissants and muffins were a little too sweet after more than one morning.
Helpful staff, no problems with us not speaking French, booked us a tour - thank you!
The hotel was also an easy stroll to the ferry...I can highly recommend catching this across the St Lawrence ( great views and particularly stunning in winter, as the ferry -$6 return!!- rams through the ice!! ).
Attention to detail in this hotel was awesome, we used the umbrella provided, and also loved the robes!! Shower head the size of an AFL football was also bliss ( no water restrictions here! ). We also liked the Kreunig coffee machine ( although extra pods in the breakfast bag would be great - as we drank the coffee in the evenings, and then couldn't have one with breakfast ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Quebec, in the heart of Old Quebec City, Hotel des Coutellier is one of the nicest and charming Old Port Inn. For a romantic weekend getaway, a hotel meeting, honeymoon or family vacations, one of our hotel package will fulfill your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel des Coutellier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Coutellier Hotel
- Des Coutellier Quebec City
- Hotel Des Coutellier Quebec/Quebec City