Hotel Palace Royal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily suitebalcony overlooking the poolgreat locationold citypool and hot tubchlorine smellporte st jeanfrench doorscorner suitesofa bedmini suitemicrowave and fridgeseparate bedroombeautiful hotelconvenience storecity viewunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The second of three hotels I stayed in during my trip, from which I was able to do the tourist bit. The hotel has the same feeling about it as the Quebec Plaza (same hotel chain), but it is bigger.
Breakfast choices are OK and they are tasty.
My room was on the 8th floor over looking the "Bell" building and a distant view of the mountains. It was quiet, though as before the aircon was noticeale at first but effective.
The pool was nice - though for me as a single adult, was difficult to swim owing to the children playing. You can sit on a balcony (one on each floor) overlooking the pool if you wish.
The young lady serving in the bar late evening was very friendly and efficient.
The hotel is just outside the city wall and you can reach the St Lawrence in around 10-15mins by foot.
This hotel won't, I'm sure, dissapoint but book in advance to get a good price.
As you will find when you stay here, nothing is cheap in Quebec City.

Room Tip: My room on 8th floor was quiet. Though I can imaging most rooms are.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just returned from a stay in Quebec City at the glamorous Royal Palace & we are very happy with this hotel. It has a wonderful location which was ideal for us & our toddlers. The hotel is clean, professional & unique.

I especially liked the layout of the suite. We were upgraded because our shower wouldn't turn on. We had stayed at the Chateau Frontenac on our last visit to Carnival but I prefer this hotel because of the location & I really liked the ambiance of it.
We walked down St. Jean for dinner at Chez Victor and it was delicious. The street was bursting with energy! We had breakfast at Paillard. Yummy!

Great hotel!!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend a suite!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Rented Room with a ''City View''. Got the 6th Floor. Parking is almost impossible even with a reservation. If you have a 4x4 or big car, very difficult to navigate (experienced driver). Check in is long even though only 2 couples waiting. We stayed on Friday July 5th. Room had a partial view of Place Youville. Beware of outdoor weekend concerts all summer in Québec at Place Youville. Noise, lights flashing, loud base, people shouting lasted until around midnight. After that, with the ''city view'' comes the bus terminal view.. and the noise until 2am.
Breakfast was ordinary. But the people at the hotel are very nice and helpful, but is not worth paying with taxes and breakfast $260 to be up until 2am. A motel would of been better.

Room Tip: Do not take room 607 and in that area. Goes on Place Youville and weekend concerts and bus terminal will keep you awake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShouthShore
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The outside if the building looks more like an office building, but the inside is beautiful with a two room lobby. The interior offers balconies overlooking the indoor pool and greenery. Underground parking was extremely convenient and inexpensive. Would certainly come back and recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was visiting Quebec City on a school trip just last week. Our hotel was changed from the Delta last minute and I am glad it was!!! This hotel was beautiful. We had 4 people to a room and it fit us very well. Very clean. Location is fantastic as you are in close proximity to mostly everything you want to see. I had a fantastic view of the wall Saint- Louis and I know for a fact that the views from the other rooms were pretty good too. I stayed in a suite and I have to say that the rooms were as fantastic as shown on the website, which for most hotels isn't the case. We had breakfast there one morning and it was one of the best breakfasts I had over the entire course of the trip and we had breakfast at some pretty sophisticated places (e.g.. the parliament building). There was only 2 complaints that I had; the lights in the bedroom were not working- but that was fixed shortly after we arrived, and the room was fairly cold. However the heating issues of the room were not reported by our school. I'm sure it were, the staff would have been as diligent as proven before. Overall, this was an amazing hotel. This on top of the beautiful city of Quebec, and I would have gladly extended my stay. If I were to visit Quebec City again I would definitely choose here to stay and I strongly encourage everyone looking for a hotel to choose here!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends