I stayed here 2 nights in a female dorm room. Originally I was only planning to stay overnight but due to lack of foresight Toronto was booked out and I ended up staying an extra night which was sorted out easily enough, front desk said I would need to strip my bed and change rooms though. I went down the next morning to 'check out' having packed up all my things and stripped my bed for the girl on desk to say she would move things around so that I could keep the same bed. That was great, but having already prepared to change pretty frustrating! Aside from that small point, staff were great and very helpful.
This hostel is HUGE, it's more akin to a hotel in many ways. They do have activities organised by the hostel and perhaps had I stayed longer I might have felt more at home. They have an equally huge kitchen which was great, washing facilities available, as well as a bar.
The internet connection is limited - something that wasn't mentioned until I discovered I had been capped out. Had I realised that I probably wouldn't have downloaded a movie to watch. Luckily you could connect through a different router so I wasn't without.
It's a great location, right in the middle of old Quebec. Its not far from a supermarket BUT it is a very steep hill to come back up with your groceries!!
Perhaps the only downside is of no fault of the hostel but I was woken up around 5am both nights by people packing up their stuff for an early checkout - full plastic bag shuffling, alarm ringing, creaky floorboard stepping, door slamming, zip pulling, packing. Thanks guys, could you have perhaps done most of that the night before?
Overall this served my purpose quite well, I was a little uncomfortable being in the city in general as I don't speak any French so I don't think this was ever going to be my most amazing stay in a hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The staff at the Auberge internationale de Québec is always ready to welcome all travelers, alone or in groups. Come and enjoy an unforgettable experience in the beautiful Quebec City region. We are in a great location, nestled inside the walls in the center of the old city. You will be steps away from popular cultural, historical and tourist sites. Our hostel offers lots of services to make your trip simple and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale de Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Quebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Quebec City