“Fabulous”

Hotel de Glace
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chill out at the Hotel de Glace, the only ice hotel in North America, open January to March. It's made entirely of ice and snow. Explore the architectural marvel and its many rooms: Great Hall, chapel, ice slide and Ice Bar.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just amazing. The entire hotel is made of ice and snow. There are many sculpture an interesting structures. It is nice during the day. It looks even better at night with the color lights in the ice. After 8h PM, you cannot go in the rooms since they are rented. It is a real hotel, you can sleep there. So the best time to visit would be between 5 PM and 8 PM. After 8PM, you can still hang in the lobby, the bar and the public areas.

2  Thank Richard L

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Yes, this place is entirely made of ice and snow, and yes, it is cold inside, but if you dress warmly you will not regret visiting this place.

The Hotel de Glace was suggested to us by the concierge at Auberge Saint Antoine where we stayed in Old Quebec City. The ice hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the City.

The minute you enter the Hotel de Glace you begin to experience total sensory overload -- in a good way! Colored lights are constantly changing and there is dance music being piped in as you make your way through the corridors to each room. We didn't stay at the hotel, but we did go in and view quite a few of the rooms. I am a winter person (I loathe hot & humid weather!) but at my age, where everything hurts, I would not be able to stay overnight here. But when I was younger I would have loved it. The walls of the rooms are made of snow and are all decorated with intricate carvings highlighted by colored lights.

The main attraction for my husband and me was the ice bar. We each ordered the signature house cocktail which is made with vodka and ice cider and they are served in tall glasses made of ice. Loved it! We visited in the late afternoon so there were not a lot of people there, but I can imagine that the bars really fill up at night and must be a blast with the music and lights.

Do yourself a favor if you visit Quebec City and do not miss this great place! It's trippy, man!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a sense of adventure, but do come prepared for the cold. The hotel is definitely beautiful and after seeing it in person makes you realize the work that goes into creating this work of art. We stayed when the outside temperature was approximately 25 degrees below zero with the wind chill.. so this made the trip to the hot tub an experience to remember... but we did it!! Music played at in ice bar so some people danced and others took part in trying their hand at carving a block of ice. Drinks were served in ice glasses... very "cool". Getting into your sleeping bags was a bit chilly... but considering the temperatures.. the night was not bad, and you didn't waste anytime in the morning getting dressed! We also took time the following morning to snowshoe around the property.. not a long trail, but a chance to try something new. Once is probably enough... but I would recommend it to my friends to give it s try!

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Wrap up extremely well when visiting the ice hotel.. The artists of this hotel are unbelievably talented.. This whole hotel is made from snow and ice.. The rooms which you sleep in can be -2 to -10 some rooms are equipped with fires and each room is different..

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Put on hot winter clothes, bring your camera and be ready for a unique experience in a magic atmosphere. Very neat, but must be seen at night... Spendid!

1  Thank junomuzik