“Maison Du Fort - Lovely”
Review of Maison du Fort

Maison du Fort
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I have just returned from a week's holiday in Quebec City and stayed at the lovely Maison Du Fort. This hotel is very convenient for the sights and restaurants of Vieux Quebec. I was given a very warm welcome by Marielle and my room was very tastefully decorated. I would highly recommend this hotel and it is a must for all cat lovers!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
25  Thank AmelieDublin

Reviewed June 19, 2007

The Maison du Fort was an excellent hotel. We found the hotel through the website and were entirely satisfied with our accomodations as seen on the site. Our hostess Marielle Roy was very accessible so we could ask her questions. She had travel brochures waiting for us when we arrived so we knew where exhibits and local sight seeing adventures were within our hotel location. The hotel was two blocks from the main square and the St. Lawrence River. Our room was beautiful and very relaxing after a full day of sight seeing.
Marielle had fresh pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and fruit juices waiting for us every morning. Her staff was very nice and kept our room fresh every day.
My husband and I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay while in Quebec. We would definitely stay with Marielle again fi we are in Quebec.

Stayed: June 2007
15  Thank lus3613
Reviewed June 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the hotel and we would have stayed longer if we could. It was splendid. What a treasure of a find. When we first saw the accomodations the room below must have heard my chin hit the floor. I have never stayed in such a great room. The decor, owner (hostess) and cats we a hit. The view we had from the third floor room 10 was undescribable. It was breath taking. The food in the morning was a delight and the cats we so well behaved you hardly noticed them. And to be truthful I have allergies to cats and I did not have a issue at all. It was even hard to leave. It sorta felt like visiting mom on a holiday from college. She stood at the door and watched us leave. I will miss her and I extend all of my thanks to her for such a lovely stay. I will always be happy with my memories. We are even talking of staying again during winter to go ski or snowmobile. To me just a clean room to sleep is inadequate. This was better to me than the castle hotel (which I can not remember the name of).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
15  Thank babymakingmachine
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Fabulous find in old town Quebec City. Charming accommodation, sophisticated but homey and very comfortable aesthetics, lovely hostess, well-appointed rooms, clean, clean, clean. Lovely home-baked treats in the morning. No breakfast, but coffee, tea, and pastries to take back up to your room. No on-site parking, but few B&Bs in QC offer this and local parking available meant no problem. This is a place we'll return to over & over. Watch out for Canadian taxes, though: whatever price is quoted, add another 20% or even more
with the tax bite.

• Stayed: May 2007
17  Thank wanderlustagain
Reviewed May 12, 2007

Maison du Fort is a real "find!" We have stayed in B&B's worldwide, and Marielle and her charming and most comfortably rennovated B&B is true old Quebec City with the location and view to-die-for. Her "starter" breakfast of delicious muffins, pastries and her specialty homemade breads, coffee, tea and juice is most generous. Her two cats warm quickly to a loving touch and sweet-talk. We will return again and again and again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
14  Thank noodleandtoodle
Reviewed May 9, 2007

I recently stayed in Room 6 with two beds, lots of wonderful windows and light on the street. It was very comfortable and conveniently located. Marielle was very accomodating. She apologized for the construction which was being done in four or more rooms. Most of the furniture and work materials were in the hallway with dropcloths etc. The noise of the work was not a problem it was just unsightly and awkward to move around in the halls especially with luggage. She did apologize repeatedly but my feeling is that she knew well in advance that this would have been occuring and I should have been alerted or the rate should have reflected this minor but annoying inconvenience. I stayed in May 2007.... if you are going call to ensure the construction is done.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Chiorazzi
Reviewed April 10, 2007

Just a brief note to say that my mother and I went back to visit Quebec City again for several days at Christmastime again this year, and it was once again an absolutely wonderful experience. We stayed in a different room, which we loved just as much, if not more, and Marielle and her sweet kitties were again fantastic hosts. We even arrived on Christmas Day and were welcomed like family. I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough.

• Stayed: December 2006