Maison du Fort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Chateau Fleur de Lys - L'HOTEL(Quebec City)
  • Fitness center
Manoir Sur-le-Cap(Quebec City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmarielle royresident cathouse catb bnamed oscarold quebecquiet streeteach morningfresh baked goodsyogurttwo blocksbay windowhome away from homeshort walkdufferin terracetop floorperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The owner could not be more enthusiastic and friendly or helpful and the rooms could not be more lovely or charming. We stayed in the top floor room which seems to be an attic that was converted into a beautiful two bedroom apartment with a kitchen and an extra sink in one bedroom even. It's very roomy with amazing views of the old city and beyond but doesn't have the high-ceilinged authenticity of all the other rooms in the building; it feels more like a modern apartment. Also it's a long climb up many flights of stairs which may be a problem for old fat people or if you have lots of heavy suitcases. The breakfast is nice and delicious but is only coffee and OJ and various coffee cakes and tarts etc. My only problem with this place (as a dog-person) is that every room is decorated exclusively with cutesy cat drawings instead of actual art or photographs etc. Oh and also the beds were way too hard and I always thought I liked hard beds! Other than this it's highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a high room in the front for good views and a low room if you don't like stairs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank John T
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed for a 2 night weekend and it lived up to all expectations. As most reviews state, Marielle greets you at the door, and within moments, you are wondering if you know her from a past life. We stayed on the top floor- 2 room suite. The view was great and the exposed stone walls were very cool. The best part of this house (it's not exactly a hotel) is the location. You can walk to everything. One of my worries was unloading and parking. There is very little traffic on their street, so you can pull right up front and unload. The parking garage is 2 blocks away and reasonably priced. I can see why they have the #1 ranking.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cody W
Reviewed September 18, 2012

For our first visit to Quebec City, my wife and I were happy we picked the Maison du Fort to stay at for 3 nights in July.

Situated in the Old Quebec area close to the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, the hotel was very charming and convenient. Our hostess Marielle was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for exploring the city. Our Room 5 was nice and clean, but I found the bathroom a bit small and cluttered, which is probably understandable given the age of the building. Parking was a bit of a nuisance as well but again, given the location, I’m not sure there is much you could do about it. The enjoyment of staying in the location we did out weighed those two minor irritants.

Overall, a good place to stay and we would return if we have the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MusicManOntario
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Celebrating our 40th anniversary brought us to Quebec and Madame Roy was the perfect host! The hotel was clean, quiet, close to everything and we were made to feel very welcome. Extra touches such as wine glasses when it was noticed that we had our own bottle of wine and helping track down a lost wallet were appreciated very much. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Based on reading reviews of this property on Trip Advisor, my cousin and I decided to try it out in early September. I was a bit concerned because I normally stay at large, chain hotels known for safety and reliability and all the amenities of home. We were SO glad we stayed here. The location was right in Old QC where you could walk to everything. A car was not needed. The building itself had lots of charm, and the hostess of the property, Marielle, was just as charming! Coming back to the hotel each evening was like coming home. We stayed in Room 6 which had 2 large double beds and a generous sitting room. Beautiful, large European-type windows bringing in lots of light. We are from Connecticut, so we took the train to Montreal where we stayed for a few days and then continued on by train to QC. We even walked to the hotel from the railroad station which was all uphill. If you are not a walker, I would recommend taking a taxi directly to the hotel. Great value for the price. If I ever get back to QC, I will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends