We found this hotel on line and booked it because of the good reviews. My friend and I (2 ladies) stayed in Room 6 on the second floor. We loved the room and the decorations. Everything is very tastefully done and good quality. The owner, Marielle, went out of her way to help us with directions since you walk a lot in Quebec City. She recommended eating establishments which were great. The hotel is near the boardwalk and the Chateau Frontenac landmark hotel.
Keep in mind that these small historic hotels in old QC don't have elevators - it's all about carrying luggage up and down stairs, but we had no trouble and had help if we needed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City