My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights this past June. Of the many choices in Quebec City, it is no wonder that this is #1.
First of all, there is the hostess and owner. She really makes you feel at home. She works very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Whether it be making reservations and finding directions to a restaurant because you do not speak French to getting the wireless internet working properly, she seems to be perpetually available and helpful.
As for the rooms, they are spacious and beautifully decorated. We stayed on the top floor and had a many windows and a wonderful view. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and there were more pillows in the room than one person can ever possibly need. I simply can not say enough good things about this small hotel.
A few points to consider: There are several resident cats (this is mentioned on the website, when you make reservations, and when you arrive so it is no surprise). They are friendly and keep to themselves so there is no issue. I only mention that in case you are allergic. The cats, however, are not in the guest rooms. Secondly, when they tell you a room is on the third floor, they really mean it! If stairs are an issue, pick one of the lower rooms. I am sure they are all just as amazing as the top floors.
It also has a great location. It is easy to walk from there down to the water seeing all the shops and attractions that the old city has to offer on the way down. Once down, there is an elevator that will take you back up for a couple of dollars and it is a short walk from there to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City