“Brilliant Stay”

Gite Au Croissant de Lune
Ranked #6 of 119 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We spent three nights here in July and would recommend the B&B to anyone considering staying in Quebec. It is located just off Rue St Jean which is the main street that runs right into the heart of the old town. This is a very trendy area, with cool bars, cafes and shops. The B&B has four rooms - we stayed on the top floor in a room with two levels. There is a single bed when you come in the door and then a double bed when you go upstairs. The decor is great - real character! The bathroom is shared, but with only for rooms using it, you never really have to wait. The hosts are very nice and Louise takes you through the main attractions, and layout of the town when you arrive. Breakfast is absolutely gorgeous, with two options each morning. You find a post-it with the options on your door during the day, mark which you want and leave it on the kitchen door. The dining room is packed with books, and I mean wall-to-wall. You could (and we did) spend hours examining the titles and topics!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fidge9
There are newer reviews for Gite Au Croissant de Lune

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a hard time finding a place that was not exorbitantly expensive and this one fit the bill. It was sort of last minute and the only room that was available was probably the the one with the highest rate. The room actually was located on two levels and it had two separate sleeping areas. It was located in the attic but it didn't matter to me and the decor was pretty. The bathroom was shared and located one flight below. Fortunately, I never had to wait to use it. The owners were so pleasant and helpful but non intrusive. I loved the breakfasts in the morning and something hot was offered eat day. The neighborhood is located in a great neighborhood called Faubourg St Jean Baptiste and its amazing with all kinds of shops, cafes, restaurants and markets. It has a bohemian feel to it to be sure. Its not far at all from the walled city. I would return here with no qualms at all as I had a very nice stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank otroviaje
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have spent couple of days in Quebec City recently with my son. This B&B is really great, close to all attractions, the hosts are fantastic, very helpful and kind, we had marvelous breakfasts every day. I honestly recommend to anybody, who would like to spend some time in the city. Do not make the mistake to stay only for 2 nights, the city and the surroundings need at least 3 full days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ijjuly
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from our trip to Quebec and enjoyed our stay here so much! The B&B itself was beautiful! The dining room is surrounded by a library of all sorts of books and interesting decorations. For breakfast we were given two delicious choices every day and the portion sizes were very generous. The B & B is just a short walk away from Old Quebec and an even shorter walk down the street to many shops. Louise was incredibly helpful and friendly but also gave you privacy. There is a nice patio on the second floor with all kinds of plants and greenery, nice place to relax. Amazing value for what you get! My first time to Quebec and I couldn't have asked for a better place, I would not hesitate staying here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue room which was very clean and comfortable, which had a window looking onto the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey C
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights recently; it was our second visit to this B&B. Again we were more than satisfied with our accommodations, our breakfasts, and our welcome. Rene and Louise are charmingly accommodating and helpful, yet not intrusive. Our bedroom was very clean, as was the bath, and the refrigerator on the landing was convenient. The location is convenient, too, not only to the old city but also to the St. Jean shopping street, where anything you'd like can be found. Louise makes wonderful breakfasts with choices offered each day for the next morning. We recommend this B&B very highly.

Room Tip: The yellow room is our favorite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mcgGeorgia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a great B&B: warm acceptance, delicious breakfast, quiet to sleep and close to the old city, facilities and conference center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway in Quebec city in February 2012.
We were very well received by the 2 owners. This place is inviting and charming.
Breakfast portions are generous and very good. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are cozy. It's no more than a 10 min walk to the doors of the old Quebec.
We couldn't ask for anything better!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple