Hotel Acadia
$528
$315
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
$180
  • Bar/Lounge
$189
$184
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$184
$159
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$209
  • Pool
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$253
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$188
$424
$285
Agoda.com
1,004 results
All reviewsno elevatornouvelle francefeu sacreold quebecvalet parkingbrick wallfire escapenarrow stairsquaint hoteltop floorwithin walking distancehot tubold buildingquiet streetsmall roomcrepesexcellent location
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We were in Quebec City for a weekend at the end of Sept. 2009. Stayed in suite 402 on the 4th floor and loved it.

Rue St-Ursule is a quiet street, lined with charming old houses with courtyards, just steps away from historic monuments and sites. Acadia is set in a renovated 19th century dwelling that reflects the atmosphere of the area.

Our suite was very clean, charming and cozy, with many amenities, new furnishings and bathroom. Both rooms of the suite and even the bathroom had a stone wall, there was a jacuzzi tub and a shower with a stained glass window, all were very nice.

The included breakfast is served at a restaurant, in a sister hotel, a block away. It was very simple: coffee, juice, some sliced fruit, yogourt and a bran muffin.

For a taste of quebecois cuisine try "Aux Anciens Canadiens" restaurant, close by at 34 rue St-Louis ($20 lunch is served till 5:45pm). We also really liked "l'Échaudé" on rue du Sault-au-Matelot in the lower town.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank innaMontreal
Reviewed June 29, 2009

First, a couple of things to know before arriving: You don't actually check in at the Hotel Louisbourg, but at the Hotel Acadia on Rue Ste-Ursule and they have valet parking--just pull up out front (parking is $16 a night). Check in was easy, I tried to conduct the transaction in French, but my listening comprehension is poor and we switched to English, no problem. The also offer express check out, but I declined the option--I need closure when I check out of a hotel.

The hotel offers several rooms sizes at different price points, I paid for a relatively small one. We were helped to our room by the valet--an experience I admit I'm uncomfortable with, I prefer to carry my own bags. The rooms was small, but cute and functional and had a lovely view of Chateau Frontenac. The room was clean, though there was a stain on the comforter that my wife was a bit uncomfortable with, though we never use the comforters anyway. There is ice and vending machines available in the hotel.

The hotel itself is located on the Rue St-Louis, a prime location on one of the more interesting streets in vieux-Quebec. Breakfast is included in the form of a coupon at Le Sacre Feu (The Sacred Fire), the coupon is good for the L'express breakfast (coffee, "jumbo" muffin and fresh fruit) or $4 off any of their other breakfasts. It's a light breakfast, the kind I prefer, if you prefer a heartier breakfast you'll be disappointed.

Wireless internet is also included, you'll need a password from the front desk. The service was a bit spotty.

The shower was good, but the water pressure was uneven.

In all, I'd happily stay here again, but would also be willing to consider other options.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

the staff in this hotel are the worst i have ever experienced - incompetent, disorganized, and sometimes rude. the room was terrible. it had a small footprint to begin with, but when you add a pitched ceiling with a tiny dormer, the room becomes a closet. the "free breakfast" was actually a voucher for a coffee, muffin and fruit at a bad restaurant around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cfrk
Reviewed June 10, 2009

OK, after reading other reviews, I think it really depends on the room. If you're in the basement or near the reception desk, most find it's awful. As for my experience, we were at room 221, which was a deluxe room with brick wall - same level as reception. It wasn't the biggest room, but quite charming. I have read that some rooms have low ceilings, ours had very tall ceilings. The queen bed was VERY comfortable (we are quite fussy). Listen, you're in old Québec, old buildings aren't as insulated as modern hotels are, so you have to expect that your room is not soundproof. So yes, you will hear people walking down the hall. About the staff, it depends who you get. We got to the hotel at 9 p.m. Friday, the lady had that hostile & fed-up attitude, but on the other days, it was smooth sailing. We didn't take parking for 18$ per day, we just parked on the other street (free from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m., .25$ / 15 minutes otherwise). Breakfast is included at a restaurant 5 minutes away. We don't like common hotels' free continental breakfasts, so we were happy about that. So all & all, it was a great stay to relax & be away from everything.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen C
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Acadia From May 29 - 31.

The ladies at the front desk were extremely pleasant and we were very happy with the service provided by them. Each girl was very friendly and always willing to answer questions about the city or assist us with any issues.

Hotel is in a great location (on a sidestreet)... very close to the Chateau Frontenac, St. Jean street, the Citadelle and Parliament. Everything was within walking distance and we didn't have to take any taxis anywhere.

Our room was 501... on the highest floor. The room was quite small, any only accessible by stairs, but the hike up didn't bother us! The room was very clean, and we found the bed to be comfortable. As a bonus surprise... our washroom had a jacuzzi tub! This was not in our room description but maybe it was a standard feature ? The washroom appeared to be very recently renovated and was very clean. It had an exposed brick wall and charming wooden furniture.

Our only complaint with this room was the view (just looked out onto the wall of building next to it) and a peculiar humming noise coming from the wall. Our room was basically right next to the outdoor "hot tub" area so we believe the motors for the tub were running next to our room wall or something. There was a steady humming noise coming from one side of the wall all night. As we were only there for 2 nights we didn't bother asking for another room.

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic, charming hotel for a stay in Quebec. Plus, the price was unbeatable ($95 CDN/night, which included continental breakfast each morning and some other coupons).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple