“Oh My Gosh”

Ranked #458 of 1,468 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Across the street from the Dagobert. Spanish offerings(wines and meals) very impressed. We dined JUly 31st,2011
“Oh My Gosh”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I actually went there on April 23, 2010 with the LAHS chorus. I ordered the veal as the main dish, I'm not sure what the soup WAS, but I loved it way more then I should have. And the veal was exquisite! For dessert they brought us some kind of strawberry cake thing, but it was fantastic. I've always been the one to enjoy food, and my fellow classmates knew it was good when I kept stealing their left overs. I would go there again. I would live there if I could.

• Visited April 2014

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Surprisingly Delicious!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was a bit skeptical of trying Spanish food for the first time in such a French enriched city. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised! We were lead in by one of the staff who was out promoting the restaurant with the menu board. Everyone we interacted with in Copas, from beginning to end, was friendly. It was a very warm and inviting restaurant. My favorite food was the fondue Parmesan! It melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more. I can't recall my meal, but I remember being pleased with it.

Visited March 2013
Sooke, Canada
“Close to hotel on a cold evening”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

As indicated with the title we chose this place because it was just two doors up from our hotel. We wanted something warm, had not decided what we might like and all enjoyed Spanish dishes. The place is warm, lots of colour without being overbearing. Unfortunately the washrooms are downstairs - not god for anyone with a disability.

My daughter and I had paella, hers with lobster added that she claimed was a good size and tasty. My paella was just ordinary. I felt they had missed out on the chorizo, had two pieces in my dish. The prawns were tasty, 3 there. I did have a good selection of scallops and mussels and small shrimp which were flavourful. The rice was too dry though and not a lot of flavour mixed with the vegetables. My grandson had spaghetti, not on the menu but available to children - they have three choices for fussy palates. A nice touch.

Overall we had a pleasant evening out of the cold. My SIL and daughter enjoyed their beer and red wine respectively. The bread was quite good.

Biggest complaint beyond the food being just alright was the broken stained glass divider next to where my GS sat and the lack of easy access to the washrooms.
They do make accommodations for all those winter garments rather than having patrons having to find space for coats, hats, scarves and mittens.

Service was friendly.

Montreal, Canada
“Great Food, great staff, great time!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I love Tapas and this restaurant was really worth the stop! The staff was amazingly nice, the food (I had Tapas) was delicious and the owners are real spanish people which bring the european experience to the top! My friend had the Paella and he loved it as well!! Next time I'm in Quebec City, I will stop by this restaurant again for sure!

Newport, Rhode Island
“Better than the previous reviews suggest”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ate here having not read reviews and chose the pre-fixe menu for $22 with the soup of the day (chicken), house paella--hot and tasty-rice and all meat and seafood cooked perfectly, and tea. The service was perfectly timed. I cannot speak for their tapas or other menu items but the food was delicious this evening.