See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2015

Reasonable price with great location. DO NOT get a Room # 1 !!!!
It's a foot away from busy sidewalk and entrance. Until 10 at night, it's like havin a room in the lobby or sidewalk. Would not have stayed here if I'd known about room location.

Room tip: Don't get room #1 or street side unless you're hard of hearing!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Doug R
Reviewed September 4, 2014

My favorite hotel in Quebec City was just too expensive this summer. So, I took a chance on this hotel that had received mixed reviews. I must say I enjoyed staying here. Yes the hotel is almost 130 years old however it was comfortable, clean, and charming! Our room was on the main floor and to the front but I didn't find it noisy. Late at night the street became quiet. The location was great for walking around the old city. And, the cost was reasonable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I was happy with our room. Late evening you could hear folks walking by but by night time it was quiet. I would definitely not want to be on a higher floor as there isn't an elevator.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Just stayed here Thursday thru Monday. The only good thing about the hotel was that indeed it was located in Old Quebec. The downside of that is that it is right on Rue St Louis the main street going into the city! Perhaps if your room is in the back of the hotel it was better but we were right on the street side having to listen to traffic, people talking into the wee hours of the night, and the goings and comings of the restaurant/bar across the street.
Day one the air conditioner that sits in the room on a plastic pan was sitting in a pool of water. They did take care of it right away. The hand towel they provided (1 when there were 3 of us in the room) was dirty and we had to go ask for extra towels. We were provided with 1 bar of soap and told there was a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower, which there was. However on day 2 it was empty when only 1 of us had used it. We asked for more a couple of times and they never refilled it! The sink sat in the bedroom and there was a separate room with the shower and toilet that's why it would have been essential to have more soap. The room had dust on the floor, and a piece of hard candy was in the stairwell the entire time we were there.
There was also no internet connection in our room even though they advertise wi-fi. Our room was on the 3rd floor but we had to go down to the second floor in the stairwell to get access.
The refrigerator they provide is unavailable after 10pm when they lock the door to the room and not available again until 8:30am when someone finally shows up at the desk!
As for their continental breakfast you have to take a 5min walk to another hotel in the city. The only food that is served every day is toast (white and rye), croissants, fruit, coffee, tea, and juice. The last day there I wanted hot water for tea but it wasn't working. When I asked I was told it was out of order and they didn't know how to fix it. They also did not provide decaffeinated coffee, tap water. On top of that you had to sit at tables which only accommodated. 2-3 people and everyone was sitting on top of one another.
I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts all over the world and this was by far the worse. It was inexpensive but it's the old adage you get what you pay for. Don't waste your money!

Room tip: If you must stay here ask for a room in the back of the hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Moetenns2000
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, primarily the location. You will have to park offsite, but we were able to get in a garage for $58 for four nights...not bad. Really, the location is ideal for walking Old Quebec. We came back at times to rest quickly or use Wi-Fi. We had a double and the room was incredibly small. Your low water-pressure shower is the size of a small phone booth and there is no room for getting ready. There are no extra amenities of any kind...not even a couch in the "lobby". I'm not saying this is all bad. Quebec is about being out and about and this hotel was great for that.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Two good points about this hotel is that it's within the old city of Quebec which is perfect for sightseeing and the staff is friendly.
Now for the negative.... Parking is not included and a 10 minute walk from the hotel. $55.00 for the weekend. Our room was on the third floor. No elevators. The room was tiny. Barely enough room for two people to stand and the large air conditioning unit took up most of that space. There is a bathroom in the room; however that is very tiny as well. The bed was very uncomfortable; my boyfriend and I left with back aches. We were unable to get an internet signal on the 2nd or 3rd floors. We had to stand in the small hallway near the front desk to get a signal. This "bed and breakfast" does not include breakfast; however they will give you a 10% coupon for the restaurant 2 doors down the street. I won't be back anytime soon.

Date of stay: July 2014