“Elegant lunch”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2011

In side the Parliament Building in Quebec City there is a restaurant open to those on the tour.It may be open to the public also.It is a very elegant room with lovely service. There is no problem being seated in tourist clothing. My trout was excellent and my husband had a chicken dish.Both came with soup or salad. The entrees were about $15. Prices were $11-27 for the entrees and $7-14 for dessert. It was a nice break from the typical tourist lunch.

1  Thank travlife

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We ate here after a tour of the building. The food, locally sourced in Quebec, was delicious. And Quebec wine was on the menu too, which is unusual. The room is wonderful, art deco I believe, and we felt very grand eating here.

There is a cafeteria downstairs as well.

1  Thank Coreopsis
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We were invited to a dinner here during our visit for a convention. We were given a tour before hand then taken to the dining area. Magnificent, majestic, well you get the picture.
Since this was a dinner presentation the food was preordered. We started with mushroom appetizer that was very good, followed by a clear broth onion soup ( a bit too salty for my taste), then veal with vegetables at which point we asked for a substitute since I am a vegetarian, my wife was served stuffed chicken breasts, and I got legumes. Both were very good. Dessert was an assortment of ice cream with hazelnut fudge, cream brulee, and eggnog served in a miniature tall glass (with a touch of whiskey and maple ) all yummy. The portion is generous for French style food, but maybe they doubled the portion since they knew the Americans were coming.

1  Thank BruinsFanNJ
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I read so many rave reviews about this on the forums, I felt it was a must-try on our visit. Since we were traveling with kids, we went for breakfast rather than lunch, on the theory that the menu would be more accessible for them.

However, I had failed to account for the possibility that Parliament might not be in session, and that really dampened the whole experience.

The building itself is interesting to visit, the dining room is elegant and there is some especially lovely stained glass just outside the door. However, our breakfasts, while tasty, were not really exceptional, and eating in the nearly-empty dining room just felt odd.

Bear in mind, though, that it might be entirely different at lunch and when parliament is in session. (Also, as other reviewers have noted, you need a reservation and photo ID, and should be prepared for a security check on the way in.)

1  Thank HudTortoise
Reviewed February 13, 2010

If I was In Quebec City for only one day, and had to decide on only one restaurant to have lunch in, it would be Le Parlementaire.

Ever since we started to visit Quebec City I have heard amazing things about this restaurant, and now I can see why. When we were in Quebec City this past August we finally made it for lunch and I am so delighted we did. The restaurant is actually located in the Parliament Building right across the roadway from the Fontaine de Tourny.

I suggest you call ahead for reservations, and also you will need to bring photo identification to get through security. And although I checked off 'dressy' as the type of dress code, dressy casual would work too.

The restaurant is gorgeous and has a very charming atmosphere. History is pouring out of this restaurant from every direction. You can just tell how carefully this restaurant has been taken care of over the many years it has been open.

Service was exceptional...very courteous and professional. The food was delicious ....everything we ordered was to die for. I especially enjoyed the way maple syrup was incorporated into some of their selections, including a meat dish I had. Who would have ever thought?! Anyhow I can't find fault with even the smallest detail in regards to Le Parlementaire... everything was pure perfection. It is one restaurant I seriously can't wait to go back to.

Thanks for reading my review.

8  Thank northerndecorator