“The best I've experienced”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The best I've experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

The expanded Saint-Antoine has been fixed with great sensitivity and style, complete with displays of all the artifacts salvaged from the warehouse which preceded the new part of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Went to Quebec city for a business trip and ended up in a bedroom with a tiny bathroom. No help offered to carry my luggages to my room. Ok, it can happen but there was nothing to put my belongings on. The toothbrush was the only item I could put in the bathroom. Toothpaste stains were covering the curtains, long hair were found in the showerroom and on the towels... The turndown service was done by a lady not too friendly who handed me a bottle without a word or a smile. Having a 5 minute shower was enough to create such steam everywhere that the walls were all damps and the floor slippery. Most of the team at the restaurant was nice and the food was just as good as something you could cook at home. Not worth the price we paid. I will find another place to stay the next time I've got business to do in Quebec.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank CortoMaltese05
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

Auberge St-Antoine (a Relais & Chateau) is an outstanding destination in the Québec City region. The rooms are very comfortable with excellent fittings, comfortable beds and high end bathrooms - heated floors, jacussi etc. The restuarant (Panache) is generally considered one of the top 2-3 in the city. Room prices include a generous breakfast in this attractive room.

Parts of the building are very old and are part of some of the earliest buildings in North America. At every turn there are small wall cabinets displaying ancient artifacts found by archaeologists during the digging of foundations - and this history of the building is showcased wonderfully. Staff is very friendly, and they are evidently proud of their hotel and its place in their wonderful city. We were given a complimentary tour of some historic aspects of the building by a knowledgeable manager who was genuinely happy to show off his establishment.

The hotel is owned by a well-to-do family that has been prominent in Québec for many generations, and their loving touch and continued involvement is evident in the service, the quality of the rooms and the engaging staff.

While not an economy option, the price was worth it, and we will go back and recommend Auberge St-Antoine to everyone we know.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

We stayed here two and half years ago and it made such an impression that we came back this winter for the winter carnival. What really sets the St. Antoine apart from some other luxury hotels is the service. When I pay a lot of money I expect a nice room but I also want things to be easy and not have to ask for everything or wait too much - not a problem here. The concierge is very helpful and all the front desk staff are happy to help with any requests as well. The restaurant, Panache, is fantastic. It is definitely on the expensive side but well worth money both for the food and the understated but prompt service. The rooms here are very modern and luxurious which is the style of room we prefer. Definitely get a room with a balcony facing the city if you can and you're here in the summer - we did that when we stayed here previously and some of our best memories from that trip are ordering the fabulous room service breakfasts (amazing french toast with berries) and eating out on the balcony. The location is very good as well, I was concerned that being in the lower town we'd be out of the way but a lot of the good restaurants are there and it is a really quick walk to the upper town. We also used the spa this last trip and had a nice couples massage. I was impressed with the facilities and the quality of the service. Quebec City is a wonderful town and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when I visit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oscarfelix
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed here for a weekend getaway. This hotel is one of the best I've stayed at in North America. The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The room was superb....with a roof top terrace off our room (6th floor). The restaurant is excellent. The location couldn't be better....a five minute walk to Rue Champlain and across the cruise ship terminal. This hotel is a historical building and a modern hotel. I will stay there again next time I'm in Quebec City. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

My husband and I just got married and the week after it was my birthday so he took me here for 2 nights as a surprise.

We had been to Quebec City once before together in the fall, but it was pretty chilly and we did not get to do as much walking and site seeing as we wanted so we came back.

The hotel is very beautiful with lots of artifacts on display in the corridors that were found in the hotel dig site. This was neat to look at while waiting for the elevators.

The reception and valets were very kind and friendly and helped us with directions as well whenever we needed.

The room we had was a little small for all of the furniture we had but it was beautifully appointed and the bed was amazing. I was wondering why they actually had mattresses for sale through the hotel, but now I know why. I would totally buy this mattress for my room if I lived in Quebec, it is amazing. My husband tosses and turns a lot in his sleep, but not on this bed, it was heaven.

I also enjoyed the ultra fast internet, it made checking emails and checking in on our internet business very easy while at the hotel.

I liked the little maid service button by the beds and the front door so it was very easy to let them know if you want service or not to be disturbed without even having to get out of your bed!

The bathroom was really nice with lots of towels and the tub was incredibly deep. I have to say I've never seen a tub in a hotel that deep before and it was really nice to enjoy a bath like you're supposed to, fully submerged and relaxed.

The mini bar and refreshments were a little insane. Reasonably priced but SO many treats, drinks and alcoholic beverages... for some I'm sure they'd never have to leave the room!

We did take a quick peak in the gym but unfortunately did not get a chance to use it, that is one thing I think we regret after hearing how amazing it was and it's open 24 hours.

I would love to come back to this hotel. It's very relaxing, we did not hear a peep from anyone else while in our room and it was nice to be close to tourist shops and we enjoyed walking around the area from our hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tropicaltravels6
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

This truly was one of the most comfortable hotel experiences I have ever had - the room was spectacular and looked amazing - wood floors, spa shower - it felt better than home - the bedding was like sleeping on a cloud...thank you for a more than amazing experience...merci beaucoup!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business