We booked Auberge St. Antoine for the Family Day long weekend which is also the Valentine's day weekend.
We originally were going to book at the Chateau Frontenac but they were all booked (in December). So I found Auberge St. Antoine and called them and booked the room with no issues. Concierge was very helpful and informed me that it is winter carnival and if we want any tips to where to go, someone will contact me. Which they did the following day.
We also told the hotel we were staying there because we are getting marry that weekend. A day before we were set to arrive, I called the hotel and asked them if they can steam our dress and suit for us because we were packing them in a suitcase (flying in from Toronto). They said to just call them in the morning and they will make sure to have it ready for us the following day.
Upon arrival, reception knew we were getting marry that weekend as they put everything in their notes. We asked if the company we worked at has corporate discounts and they said they will get back to us. That was also put in the notes for the next person to follow up on.
We went up to our room and there were cupcakes and a personalized note thanking us for staying at the hotel on this special occasion.
All the hotel staff were super helpful and very friendly.
The night of our wedding dinner, we were going to call a cab to take us to le Continental. They offered to drive us to and from the restaurant in the hotel car. They expressed they can do that only when it is not busy. Lucky us...the were not busy! Saved us some money on cab rides.
The room itself was very big. It's like a bachelor condo. The washroom is huge with a rain shower and a large tub. There is a Nespresso machine in the room and an assorted variety of coffee to choose from (which were refilled only once during our 3 night stay).
The restaurant Panache...was ok. I do not think it is worth the money we spent but the service was great.
I didn't get to use their gym or spa but we did take a quick peek and it looked very nice.
All in all it was a wonderful stay at the Auberge St. Antoine and I am glad I stayed there instead of Chateau Frontenac. Hands down Auberge St. Antoine's customer service is top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City