We stayed one night (Oct 26-27, 2013) at Auberge Saint-Antoine. We arrived very early (9AM) due to our ship debarking early that morning. Even though check-in time was 4pm, Kim at the front desk was wonderful. She said our requested room was ready, and we were quickly shown to our beautiful, lovely waterfront view room. The room and hotel were both lovely with a modern, minimalist decor. Kudo's to Sarah, the hotel concierge, who did a wonderful job of confirming our return flights to the U.S.
The one big downfall was an ethical one by Emmanuelle at the Front Desk. We loved the room's shower robes, so I inquired if new ones were for sale by the hotel. They said they were for a price of $100. I said fine & was told they would be waiting for us at the front desk the next morning. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to pick them up so we could pack them in our luggage. Emanuelle gave my husband the robe folded and tied nicely. He told my husband that I should check and see if I liked the material since it was different than the ones in the room. So, I checked. I could see no difference in the material whatsoever, but they did seem a little "slightly used". Additionally, the tag on the robe's neck was cut off as were our room robes.
I called Emanuelle, apologized for my call and hoped he took no offense, but said the robe seemed used. I asked if it was new. He stammered and then said "No"; they didn't have any new ones. I said I would be returning the robe to the front desk.
When I returned the robe, I asked him why he didn't tell my husband they were used rather than saying "check the material". He said he "forgot" when speaking to my husband and remembered after he left. I asked why he didn't call our room after he "remembered" rather than my making a $100 purchase without full information. He apologized and said he would have let me know after I made my decision!
I think this is unethical behavior and reflects badly on the hotel and management. I would not stay there again for this reason
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City