We stayed 5 nights in June 2013. While the weather was cold, wet and windy, the hotel and staff were wonderful. The staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are large and well appointed. We stayed in a king room with a view of interior garden area. The room was very very quiet. We did not hear people in the hall talking or doors banging. The bathroom was very large with a great shower and heated floors. It had a small refrigerator, tea pot and Nespresso coffee maker. There is a CD player with a selection of music. The location is perfect for a visit to the city. It is on the lower level near the water, but a short walk from the funiculla that goes up to the ramparts level by the Frontenac Hotel. There are wonderful art galleries, restaurants and stores nearby the hotel. The farmers market is within walking distance too. The people speak French, but quickly switch to English and are very friendly. Of course, it is always good to learn a few polite phrases to show respect for their language. It was terribly windy up on the higher level. We were so glad we were staying on the lower level. The hotel has spa services available, but we used our time for shopping and sight seeing. Things are generally expensive in the city. We went to smaller, less expensive restaurants after the first day. It is an incredibly beautiful city. We wish the weather had been better so we could have walked around more. We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City