“A wonderful experience”

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Atlanta, Georgia
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

For our first visit to Quebec City my husband and I stayed at the Auberge St. Antoine from June 3 thru June 5. Our experience was excellent. Our room was comfortable and quiet overlooking a small courtyard and the bathroom was very luxury. The hotel's location is in the lower part of town but only a three minute walk from Place Royal. The personnel we encountered were very courteous and helpful. I had wanted to stay in the Chateau Frontenace but in hindsight was glad not having had that option. I would definitely stay in the Auberge St. Antoine again and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Quebec City.

Room Tip: We had room 912 and it was great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, California
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When we arrived by car from Montreal we were greeted by 2 very nice gentlemen who addressed us by name even though we were early for check-in! They helped us with our baggage and got us settled into our very comfortable and spacious room. All of the staff was very pleasant and always helpful! There were 4 of us in our party (2 rooms) and we all agreed it was the nicest hotel on our trip which included 4 other hotels!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AubergeSaint-Antoine, Public Relations Manager at Auberge Saint-Antoine, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear IloveFrance 27,

Thank you taking the time to write such a lovely reveiw about our hotel that we are pleased to share with the rest of the team.

We hope to have the pleasure to have you back one day,

Kind regards,

Ingrid Lemm
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel was great with wonderful rooms. We booked a King suite with a terrace- very comfortable beds, pillows, and sound proof walls. Bathroom was quite luxurious and the shower lived up to the raving reviews. The front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Unfortunately, on our first night we had poor room service- ie no replacement of a dirty bath robe, no replacement of shampoos/shower gel/coffee/cream/sugar/napkins/etc. The bed was done like someone had a 30 second time limit. However, this was rectified immediately by someone who appeared to be some sort of manager. The room service that night was 2-star but because of the overall experience being so great, I still want to give a 5.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was very nervous that Tablet rated this as the "traditional" hotel and Le Germain was the "buzzy" one. My experience was the opposite. I am all about buzz.

Busy place and not just old people. My room had a terrace that was meant to be city view but actually had river view as well (I suspect any room with terrace is good (I had 605) - I could see them all from mine in a good way).

When I booked the famous restaurant was full. They got me in and I stayed so late they carried my drinks to the hotel bar and we took our bottle of wine with a bit left to the room. As it should be.

In the morning my girlfriend had the cap on her tooth come off (she is 28!!!). The concierge Evelyn Charest called 15 dentists, found us one at our next stop, rented us a car and helped with out hotel. She also got us the best rates for the car. This is beyond the call for a boutique hotel.

We had a problem with our movie and the hotel made it their problem - so rare.

Putting aside the perfect location - I was nervous about the nouveau (Ikea) physicality on the web. I was wrong - others have said it, but I am very critical of "getting it right". QC is small and I promise, this is the place to be. I am a snob in terms of wanting to be in the right place not for "snob appeal" but centre of gravity (and action?) and this is it.

As always with Boutiques, I made the decision to aim for a good room ($350/night). So at this price in a small town you want to get everything. I did - as always, if you don't get a great room you may always be better going for a lesser hotel with a bigger room. I was so unsure of my choice I actually went to the Chateau Frontenac first and they refused to show me a sample room instead saying they were going to renovate soon and Le Germain which was church like in action (dead).

Don't get me wrong - QC is so small many places will work and they will all be well located. Life is about expectations and this place won't change your life (it is port town in QC versus Stockholm) if you are well travelled - but if you are well travelled it is 5 star international standards.

Room Tip: 605 is perfect with City and River views (even though sold as only city)
boston
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A wonderful hotel. Fine location. Very helpful staff. Room (501) was comfortable and attention was paid to functionality in its design. Nice view of the river with access to sitting area on terrace. Bathroom was spectacular.

Room Tip: This was the only room we saw. View of the river is lovely if no cruise boat is in.
Toronto
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Most perfect location in lower old Quebec. A sophisticated retreat from the tourist crush. Extraordinary service and facilities. Front desk and bell hop team are top notch and on the ball. Near best dining in city including their restaurant Panache. Definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Treat yourself for view or patio.
Toronto
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A frequent traveller to QC, I have stayed at pretty much every hotel. This is by far the best. First, the welcome is warm and inviting. The lobby is nice, unlike the Dominion where there is virtually no lobby. The room we had (#501) was well appointed with Frette linens, a beautiful bathroom, and a fantastic terrace (patio) overlooking the river. You just can't beat this hotel for location, quality of the amenities and service. The concierge is fabulous and helpful. You can't go wrong.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the river. Well worth it.