“A Very Unusual Hotel”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
“A Very Unusual Hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

An upscale and very comfortable modern hotel situated in port of "le Vieux Québec".
The hotel is built on land which was part of the original port. Many of the artifacts discovered during the excavation of the site are on display in the hotel.
The staff are attentive, helpfull, and bilingual. There is on site parking for which there is a charge.
My wife and I always stay here when we are in Québec, which is about 8 days per year.
Try to get a room which has a river view. Being in the old part of town some of the rooms look out on blank walls or dark narrow streets.
Le Panache, the restaurant which is part of the hotel is excellent and is arguably the best eating place in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location in the lower town, near some good restaurants (L'Echaudé was a standout). Lots of artful touches throughout the hotel with well-designed public spaces that were comfortable too. Loved the stunning mix of stone and brick in our room, and the excellent lighting and temperature control. Plush towels, slippers and robes were a plus, as was the well-stocked Nespresso machine. The rain shower provided a bracing wake-up in the morning while a soak in the deep tub was a good way to unwind at the end of the day. The staff were all very friendly and quick to respond to every request. A special shout-out to Evelyn at the concierge desk and Maxim in the dining room. Also kudos to the talented pastry chef for the tasty marshmallows and lime caramels that appeared in an unexpected gift basket, yum!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1nytraveler
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Auberge Saint Antoine in the heart of Old Lower Quebec City. We were there for a small business meeting. I was personally responsible for arranging meeting rooms, equipment and several events which needed catering including a luncheon and a cocktail reception. From the first phone call right until check out I experienced courteous, bilingual, and thorough service. The rooms were beautiful decorated and very quiet. The history of the building is tastefully preserved and displayed throughout the hotel. The food and beverage service was absolutely perfect. The food was delicious, contemporary, regional and plentiful. I highly recommend the Auberge Saint Antoine for business meetings and even better, a personal getaway. The gym is also well equipped and I had a wonderful massage. A great hotel in a perfect location in a beautiful city!

Room Tip: The "hospitality" suite which is a large room you would use to host after hours get togeth...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracey G
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Construction of the hotel took 9 years due to the discovery of historical artifacts on the site! Many of the artifacts are exhibited all over the hotel in museum quality exhibits-even in our room. Room was wonderful. Great pressure with the rainforest shower head! Be aware that the taxi drivers will take you places the longest way to drive up costs.happened twice-American tourists! The only negative on our entire 5 day stay. Staff is wonderful and don't miss Wednesday's cocktail party given by the hotel owners- the Price family. Wonderful people.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff49085
Tidewater Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I wish I could list the names of every staff members who works at Auberge Saint-Antoine. They are all incredible. I left my messenger bag in a taxi (with my passport and all my electronics) and they moved heaven and earth to find it. Unfortunately, it turns out they never could have found it because the taxi driver had not taken it to his company's lost and found but instead had taken it to the Frontenac (I played detective and found him and the bag with everything intact). But the hotel staff tried so hard, they were so concerned, they were so caring.

Additionally, the concierge was amazing, she sent us to some incredible restaurants.

We had a terrace room, which was not that large (but a great bathroom). It also had an incredible terrace overlooking the St. Lawrence. The weather was beautiful the four nights we were in Quebec City and we especially enjoyed sitting out overlooking the river after a day of touring or a night on the town.

We also were lucky enough to be there for a manager's reception. Mrs. Price came by and introduced herself and chatted. What a gracious lady.

Our only criticism is that the hallway carpets need to be replaced ASAP. They leave a very bad first impression.

But everything else was totally worth the considerable price! I would absolutely come back.

Room Tip: Try and get a terrace room overlooking the river...during nice weather an absolute must.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eastcoastvoyager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Ok, long story short, I found this property on an angry plight to get OUT of the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!!

Had just come from this amazing flower shop, I love flowers in my suite while traveling and walked around the corner and saw this beautiful door to what? We walked in and my eyes popped out of my head and my heart sank, and I knew I was home, well my Quebec home!

We lost no time in getting to the front desk, Im sure I looked like a ravaged coyote wanting to see the place and a few rooms, the poor young lady thought I was crazy. I told them where we were and she smiled and said welcome we are here for you!!! She called here MGR and we talked for a few moments and then went to see three rooms, off we went to the private access elevators and up to the rooms, tears ran down my cheek and I was blown away. The attention to detail was crazy. The surfaces, fixtures, soft lighting and sheets, towels, and robes true perfection!!! And then their toiletries we labeled "we live like this" and they come in this tiny fabric linen drawstring bag. The most amazing toiletries EVER! The right amount of sent and the lotion was not waxy or sticky. Don't tell on me but I sticky fingered one, and Im not sorry.

I have already fallen in LOVE with the city, now I had a property to LOVE as equally. Yes the rooms were AMAZING but lets get to the rest of the property, the BAR is always very important to me, this sunken steeped in history and filled with gorgeous fabrics and tasteful furniture beaconed me to order an adult beverage. the way this family built this property, was done in complete respect to the land. While excavating they found treasures and they saved each one and throughout the property they have encased them behind beautiful glass. The amazing attention to detail is overwhelming.

NOW, trumpets please... The Restaurant... No matter what I say it wont do it justice, what this chef does with food is borderline illegal... I needed a 12 step program from my withdrawals after checking out. I don't care what you order, you will be licking the plate and begging for more! Now listen up, you MUST order the Macaroni and Cheese, this you will want to spread all over your body!!! Friends and clients I have brought to this property have all said I was crazy, nothing would make me want to order Mac and cheese... After one bite, they got down and bowed and apologized for not believing me. I have been around and around and around the world and this is one dish on the top of my foodie list, the other not to miss dish is the Lobster Pot Pie at the Four Seasons Washington, DC.

Ok, I think I said all I need to, there are a couple other small luxury boutique properties so check them all out, and stay here. I have since my first stay brought incentive groups to this property in fact I was the first planner to approach the property to do so and every group left thanking me for the experience. I will be forever grateful to this property and will never forget how amazing it was/is...

Travel safe/smart and enjoy. B

Room Tip: No need to write anything here, they are all AMAZING
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank HBAcres
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It is rainy day in Westchester,NY today,but I feel happy...I am dreaming of Auberge Saint-Antoine!..Thanks for everything You have done for us!..You are great!..Please keep doing what you do...treat people with Love!..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family