Literary and Historical Society of Quebec
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“amazing”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

After reading "Bury Your Dead" by Louise Penny, I just had to go here. (She has someone murdered here in the basement in her fictional story.) It is an old building and it is quite amazing.....I'd have liked to work here myself.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Kiefer_8

Eden, Utah
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Not as well known as the usual "tourist sites" but well worth a visit - one of our favorites in Quebec”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we read "Bury Your Dead" before the trip. That added so much to our enjoyment of both this site and also of Quebec City. It is a fun mystery set in both Quebec City and this museum/library. I arrived at a time that a tour was not scheduled and Maxim was kind enough to give me a personal guided tour. It was so fun - especially the old jail, in the dark, on my own, with only Maxim's whisper to ground me. I liked it to so well that I dragged my husband to see it the next day. Maxim was fortunately his guide as well, although with a group of 18 - still fun. There's a lot of history in that old building. Hangings and anti English book burning! Maxim was wonderful at not only giving us a great historical tour, but he was very dramatic adding greatly to the feel of mystery . That greatly enhanced our enjoyment. This place could very well be in the top 2 or 3 things to see in Quebec City.

Visited July 2011
South Bend, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We arrived at the Lit&His too early for the tour but a very nice young man took us in to see the library. It was wonderful and just as we imagined it to be from the Louise Penny book. Thank you, Maxime G. - being able to visit the library was a highlight of our visit to Vieux Quebec!!

Visited June 2011