“Good...but not the best” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Bete Bar Steakhouse
Ranked #114 of 1,427 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route de l'Eglise
Description: The best Steakhouse in Quebec City. 65 days dry aged meat are waiting for you in our Himalayan pink salt dry aging room. 3500 Farenheit grill is used to cook our steaks to the perfection. We can't wait to see you.
Lévis, Québec
“Good...but not the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Went with my wife...for once she kinda craved steak!
Ambiance is nice and low key.
Service was friendly, but not top notch.
Steaks were well cooked and taste was very good.
Fair wine selection and very enjoyable evening all in all.
Been to numerous steakhouses....La Bête is above average, but certainely ont the best.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Great service, good food, great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My mum and I are in Quebec for a visit and decided to check out the local restos. So far, Quebec, in general has not disappointed. La Bete really impressed me with their decor, great service with our Server giving us detailed explanations on the different cuts of steak and how it's aged (wet and dry methods). Food is really good, great wine selection. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited August 2011
Ontario
“WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

Beautiful atmosphere! very helpful,friendly staff..we can't speak french and our server was very patient with us :)

the food was the best ever, I had ribs..fall off the bone and wonderful sauce..others had steak,they also commented on how wonderfully prepared it was.

Do NOT bring picky kids here..we didn't know how fancy this place was and brought our picky daughter who picked on a plate of french fries.

My mouth is still watering over the octopus/chorizo salad..YUM!
the only negative I can give this place is that there is no parking except in underground but they do validate ..I just do not feel comfortable parking in garages.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank LisainCanada
Quebec City, Canada
“Honestly, I wonder what steakhouse in Quebec could be better?!?!?!?!?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

Hello,
I went there last week-end with my pretty girlfriend and the in-laws. Had been told by few people before that it was delicious.
In fact we found it wonderful. Everything was superb. The in-laws from Montreal are frequently going to expensive restaurant in Mtl and they thought that La Bete was above many, many of them.
I usually take a guilty pleasure to find negative point in a restaurant but this one I found none, really!
Decor is sobre, dark and impressive, trendy in fact.
service was just perfect, nothing to say.
Food, well wonderful, steak so deliciously aged, served to perfection. Hot plate with hot food, entree and dessert were also top-class. I took a cow-boy cut 20oz with blue cheese on top, extra mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes with veggies (should have tried the french fries, but still very good mashed p.), fried calamari for entree and crazy chocolate cake that tasted like heaven. Of course they have bread that wasn't the best but fine, and delicious beef jerky on the table waiting for you.
My belly was so full I almost rolled to the exit.
Of course, beeing a high-end steakhouse, it was pricy, 170$ for two without wine but if you don't mind spending and/or what a great experience, it is definitely worth it....
I'll be back when I gather enough money!!!! ;)

1 Thank Mister_Simple_Truth
chicago
“Please open one in Chicago!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

The USDA prime steak, the cosy atmosphere, the lavish decor, the excellent wine list, the good service.
Was craving for a steak, the concierge at our hotel sent us in a suburb, I was a little wondering about her choice but boy was I wrong. One of the best steak I had. OUTSTANDING DINNER

1 Thank streetfoodiechicago