“I wouldn`t stay here again”

Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec
Ranked #85 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Whitby, Canada
“I wouldn`t stay here again”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Let me first tell you about the thing that was amazing at this Hotel. The pool. The pool is wonderful. I could have hung out here all day. The pool is typical hotel depth but the room is amazing. It has sitting area`s and birds in cages. Very relaxing.

Not for what sucked. The Internet didn`t work any where in the hotel. Pinging the gateway showed that the speed should have been decent, however, I did see numerous dropped packets. I couldn`t do anything on the Internet. Everything timed out. It as very frustrating.

Next the bathroom. The plug was stuck so I kept having to find something to pry up the plug. The drain in the bath tub was very slow so that by the time I finished my shower I was standing in ankle deep water.

On a smaller note - the room didn`t come with a fridge, iron, ironing board, microwave oven. But not all hotels offer this. The fridge was available for $10.00 per day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Thai first
Georgetown, ON
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in early July. I stayed here at the beginning of an Eastern Canada trip. L'hotel Ambassadeur far exceeded my expectations. The room (in the newer section) was spotless. The indoor atrium and pool area was often busy, but was large and clean. I chose this hotel as it was much more reasonably priced than those directly in Quebec City. It was a short drive to the city, or a very easy 20 minute bus ride. I also used it as a base for visiting surrounding areas (e.g. Cote de Beaupre). Definitely a four star hotel for the price of three stars.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2009

The Hotel Ambassadeur is a full service hotel located in Beauport, about a five minute drive from historic Old Quebec. Rooms are fairly spacious, well furnished, and quiet -- my room was on the ground floor facing the enclosed atrium opposite the indoor pool. The atrium is perhaps the hotel's nicest feature, as the decor, plants, and even bird cages makes it resemble a tropical garden, within which is a delightful indoor pool. Located on the premises is a travel agency, 2 restaurants, and Subway sandwich shop. Three restaurants are across the street, and a McDonalds and KFC are adjacent to the hotel's property. The hotel has banquet and conference facilities, and free parking. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, both check-in and check-out were a breeze. Overall, a terrific value, especially considering what hotel rates are like in Quebec city. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Room was big and clean, price was good, and internet was free of charge. Old town only 10 mins drive from this hotel. Gas station, supermarket just couple blocks down, and restaurants right across street from the hotel (McDonalds right next door too). Good value!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Trois-Rivières
Reviewed May 18, 2009

First...i was looking for a suite where i can have a big bed and bath cuz my girlfriend and I are tall people. The suite junior is very nice...with lcd 40" tv, little counter and fridge, very nice bathroom and a fire place...see pictures of the room. King size bed (very comfortable).

We wanted to go downtown...which is ideal place if u have a car cuz it's next to the highway (5 min from old Quebec).

++++ pool, spa, and training center, not expensive for that kind of hotel (junior suite 137$ + tax) next to a lot of restaurant, good place if u have kids. NEXT to a nice bicycle road(dont know the english word). free parking. subway restaurant in the hotel.

----- if u are in the inside of the hotel (pool side), in the morning the birds can wake u up in the morning (around 30 birds in cages). If u are on the outside side of the hotel...THERE'S A RAILROAD AT 20 FEET OF THE ROOMS....!!! but didnt wake us up. If u dont have kids and want to be alone with adults in the spa....impossible.

I enjoyed the stay, it was our 2nd aniversary as a couple and liked the junior suite and price. And the fact that this hotel is next to everything in Quebec city.

I didnt give 5 for cleanliness cuz i found hair in the bath but i didnt mind.

so...good value, very nice junior suite, exceptionnal location, didnt have problem service, and a pool open from 8 to 10.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
montreal
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My second time at this Hotel! We arrived with no reservation and there was a Convention was going on, to be expected being a Hotel, they all left around 6pm. For 80$ we got a queen bed, clean room, wireless internet, cable, free parking. It's about 30min from Quebec, and 45mins to the slopes where I was headed, so you'll need transportation. I spend recently spent 160$ at a Hotel in Whistler, and it was a dump!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shreadhead
Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Hotel was o.k. but the first night, we were awaken a 5 20 am by birds that are in cages just outside our room.
The next morning when I complained, the assistant manager was very rude and told us that we were given a bigger room that we had requested at the same rate so if we didn't like it we could be transfered to a smaller room which was suppose to be our original room. We were leaving for the day so we didn't have time to pack.

We were booked for 3 nights but decided to stay only 2 nights. We were never told that the rate would be different if we only stayed for 2 night. When we checked out, the 2nd night was 40 dollars more. When I asked the employee by the initial S, she was very rude and said we were not told of the increase in rate because it would have taken an hour for me to understand. After arguing for a while, she finally gave me the room at 159.00 the second night as originally quoted.

I tried to email the manager M. Murphy but he never replied to my email. So I asume he does not care how his clients are spoken to.

Other than the way I was spoken to at the front desk by this employee, everything else was fine. The rest of the staff was very nice and helpful. It's too bad that one employee can ruin a hotel's stay.

• Liked — Little patio outside the room next to the pool
  • Disliked — rudeness by one employee
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family